APB Reloaded Beta May Launch Next Month

HardOCP News

[H] News
Apply to be a "closed beta tester" for the relaunched APB? I thought the $60 we gave them the first time "qualified us." I posted this in our Gaming [H]eadlines earlier this afternoon but a lot of you wanted to leave a comment on this story so I gave it a post of its own.

The APB Reloaded twitter account has word on plans for closed beta testing of the online sandbox game revival (thanks Big Download), saying: "If everything goes exactly like the plan , the Closed Beta will be launched somewhere in late February :)." A subsequent tweet and a follow up correction indicates they will be revealing details this week on how to apply as a tester.

You know I still never hit up EA for free shit after everything happened.

You know I still never hit up EA for free shit after everything happened.

I never got anything either. What do they need to beta test anyways? All they are doing is adding micro-transactions and I don't think people are going to be spending real money on a beta test.

I never got anything either. What do they need to beta test anyways? All they are doing is adding micro-transactions and I don't think people are going to be spending real money on a beta test.

The micro-transactions were mostly in place too with the RTW points.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised to see the beta being exactly the same shit we've already played.

I was lucky enough to get a $25 gift thing towards an EA game, not sure if i can stomach going through another beta of this game tho.

I'll be somewhat upset if there is a closed beta on it, and they choose people who didnt buy the game to take part over those who did. If you're going to try to revive a game thats already in the crapper and has a rep for bad support, making the people who were screwed very happy will go a LONG way.

Everything they have said so far sounds like it will be an improvement over the original. All those that are saying "what is there to beta test?" should probably RTFA. They're using an entirely different backend than RTW did, this will probably take quite a bit of testing from people in different parts of the world.

Everything they have said so far sounds like it will be an improvement over the original. All those that are saying "what is there to beta test?" should probably RTFA. They're using an entirely different backend than RTW did, this will probably take quite a bit of testing from people in different parts of the world.

OK, so they're testing a new backend... If so that sounds like they could use plenty of people to participate. And they should STILL chose people that have previously purchased the game first for this testing. Doing so would go a long ways toward promoting "good will" in the gaming community. Not doing so is likely to lead to another failure.

I think its funny, i was to wal-mart the other day and APB is still on the shelves lol

I think the only incentive we will probably get was when EA was giving away stuff, I only managed to get a 25% off code=\.

Well if anybody is starting up a class action lawsuit against them, let me know. I'll sign on.

Back