APB beta keys available

My friends and I have it pre-ordered. We had a blast playing it together. Stuff can get crazy pretty fast with different groups doing different missions. There are some optimization issues to work out, but the base gameplay is fun. The devs seem to know how much is possible with added content also, they plan on adding a lot for free.

We need to get a [H]ard crew going. I pre-ordered this and cannot wait for it to be released on the 26th.

I pre-ordered, today.

This game has the intensity of Counter Strike. I can't believe I'm saying that about an MMO. This game is seriously FRIGGIN' INTENSE. The best part is that I haven't had a technical issue regarding the servers / lag. They must of really gone all out on their hardware. The client has crashed a few times, but that's the result of numerous alt-tabs in full screen mode.

Game looks cool but runs pretty choppy on my pc. General walking around and shooting is ok but when I start driving things really crawl. Probably just my pc though.

Game looks cool but runs pretty choppy on my pc. General walking around and shooting is ok but when I start driving things really crawl. Probably just my pc though.

Run like a champ for me. Pegged at 60fps (Vsync on), maximum setting, 4x AA @1920x1080. Have you tried dialing down your details a little? I think the game defaults to 'high' (did for me).
I didn't really like it at first and was considering canceling my pre-order, but then I got into a running duel with some dude and won(holy crap!) After that I realized how absolutely cool this game can be. My pre-order will not be cancelled.

Car chases in dump trucks FTW!!! No matter how hard they try to catch me I just run their car off the road.

Customization for Nerd Herd and Derp Squad. I haven't decided what I'm going to call my group, yet.

All pictures my pictures are here:
http://www.irsmurf.com/dox/apb/

apb_pics.png

I particularly like the Nerd Herd car and symbol, while I love the shirt I made in the last picture.

I really like this game and all the customization. The combat isnt the greatest but it sure is fun when you are playing with a group of friends. I really wish it was possible to group with more than 3 others; I always have a couple friends left out :( Im kind of on the fence with buying the game because of having to pay for PVP combat.

One thing i hate. You can be the best driver in the game and some retard runs into you. I might put a hows my driving sticker on the back of my ride lol

One thing i hate. You can be the best driver in the game and some retard runs into you. I might put a hows my driving sticker on the back of my ride lol

That's why you drive the dump truck. When someone hits you at full speed they stop and you keep rolling like nothing happened, it's hilarious. It's my vehicle of choice when there's an Enforcer on my tail.

That's why you drive the dump truck. When someone hits you at full speed they stop and you keep rolling like nothing happened, it's hilarious. It's my vehicle of choice when there's an Enforcer on my tail.

I might have to give that a go. I like using the fast cars though. Making jumps on the ramps is a blast.

While that can be annoying, that's part of what makes the game fun. Random shit happening to you. That's what makes the samey missions different all the time. And that random crap is happening to your opponents, too, so it evens out generally.

I love chasing people who are in a dump truck. I just sit back while my buddy peppers the vehicle to near explosion. When you get out, I accelerate and run you over before you can move :p

1v1 though, I hate that fucking truck. It really is like trying to stop a freight train with a pencil eraser. :(

I'm excited for the preorder live start, cant wait to finally make a permanent character!

I had this preordered through the EA Store, that is until I actually played more of the Beta, started watching Youtube videos, and realized just how wonky of a "payment" system this game has.

I don't see this MMO making it past the 1 year mark, at least not with some severe improvements.

I had this preordered through the EA Store, that is until I actually played more of the Beta, started watching Youtube videos, and realized just how wonky of a "payment" system this game has.

I don't see this MMO making it past the 1 year mark, at least not with some severe improvements.

What's wonky about the payment system? It's 9.99 a month for unlimited action district time, or 6.99 for 20 hours of action district time, and those hours rollover each month until they're used up. You can also sell items and designs for RTW which you can use to purchase more gametime. Purchasing the game gives you 50 action district hours, and unlimited social district time.

What's wonky about the payment system? It's 9.99 a month for unlimited action district time, or 6.99 for 20 hours of action district time, and those hours rollover each month until they're used up. You can also sell items and designs for RTW which you can use to purchase more gametime. Purchasing the game gives you 50 action district hours, and unlimited social district time.

Yeah, quite honestly I wish more mmos were like this with the payment model. I love the hourly payment model. Allows you to play causally without dropping too much cash.

The only concern is have its that they keep adding content. If the can keep the content coming this could be great.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Totally forgot that mintues roll over into each month. I wouldnt mind paying $10 just to play casually with friends.

I also really like the payment options. I can play without there being any pressure to get my moneys worth every month, like most MMOs. The whole buying game time with RTW reminds me of buying a PLEX in EVE, I'll be curious to see how much they cost.

Pre-orderers got early access to the game yesterday.. anyone pre-order? Anything much different? My friend told me the lag is gone, which was the only reason I was holding off on the game.

I haven't experienced any lag. The game is hit and miss, in my opinion. Yesterday I couldn't get in a good group to save my life and I had terrible time. This morning, I got in a good group and had tons of fun. I suppose joining a good clan is a must in this game.

Server lag has dropped quite a lot, driving is significantly better (it no longer feels like you're on ice when you turn! Yay!).
I wouldnt judge anything on the people playing right now, because you have two groups of people - beta testers, who know the game very very well and are used to the mechanics, and people who *just* started yesterday for the early start, and have no idea how the game works.
You get thrown up against the first group when you're part of the second group, and it's just a slaughter. Once launch settles out and people are used to the game, I'm sure the quality of groups will rise somewhat. Not too much though, some people are just horrible at this game lol

Yeah, you definitely need teamwork/communication in this game. And it's fun when you can find it. My girlfriend and I did pretty well as a group of 2 last night, and on some missions up to 6 more people were added to our team for the duration. Fun stuff.

There is currently an issue with crossfire. Some of the people look like a glowing white being. Hope they get the fix soon

Pre-orderers got early access to the game yesterday.. anyone pre-order? Anything much different? My friend told me the lag is gone, which was the only reason I was holding off on the game.

Put about 6 hours into it this weekend, have another 4 left for tonight. There is not anything, all that different from when I did KTTC a couple of weeks ago. I have never experienced any lag when playing.

I really need to read some of the faqs about "Progression" though, so far all I have been doing is the random missions I get called for, they don't really give you a lot of direction on what you are supposed to be doing to advanced in the "story" I finally unlocked 2 new contacts towards the end of last night. Once I max out my current one I will pledge to these new guys and see if anything happens.

The game is really fun though, get a little frustrating when a threat level 1 person can sneak up behind you and spray you with an SMG and you are dead before you can turn around lol..

Used up my pre-order time. Overall having fun. Found a group of people that are not retarded and have been playing with them. Many lulz to be had driving around the dumptruck. I am Omega on LaRocha ( enforcer ) if anyone wants to get together.

Last edited:
Put about 6 hours into it this weekend, have another 4 left for tonight. There is not anything, all that different from when I did KTTC a couple of weeks ago. I have never experienced any lag when playing.

I really need to read some of the faqs about "Progression" though, so far all I have been doing is the random missions I get called for, they don't really give you a lot of direction on what you are supposed to be doing to advanced in the "story" I finally unlocked 2 new contacts towards the end of last night. Once I max out my current one I will pledge to these new guys and see if anything happens.

The game is really fun though, get a little frustrating when a threat level 1 person can sneak up behind you and spray you with an SMG and you are dead before you can turn around lol..

There isnt a story to this game. Or if you really want to have one, the intro video is all the story there is :p The crims started causing trouble, the mayor enacted the CSA to basically enable vigilantism in an effort to curb the violence, but all it did is spark open warfare in town. There is a little story behind each contact you talk to, such as how they became a member of that faction (The first Prentiss Tiger chick (enforcers) in Financial used to be a criminal until she was set up and caught between the crossfire of her own gang and a rival gang, left for dead. She lived and decided to fuck 'em up). Thats about all youll ever see for story.

As far as guidance it's simple - you're already doing the right thing. Pick a contact, pledge with 'em, raise rep, repeat. Each contact works for a faction, each contact will unlock certain special items, and faction rep will unlock most other stuff.

I'm just looking forward to when they add in the free-fire districts so you can have it out with the opposite side any time you see them. Those districts will be CRAZY.

I've still got a couple hours left for today, but I'm really excited since the game will roll-over to the normal hours and open to everyone at midnight EST! :D

There isnt a story to this game. Or if you really want to have one, the intro video is all the story there is :p The crims started causing trouble, the mayor enacted the CSA to basically enable vigilantism in an effort to curb the violence, but all it did is spark open warfare in town. There is a little story behind each contact you talk to, such as how they became a member of that faction (The first Prentiss Tiger chick (enforcers) in Financial used to be a criminal until she was set up and caught between the crossfire of her own gang and a rival gang, left for dead. She lived and decided to fuck 'em up). Thats about all youll ever see for story.

As far as guidance it's simple - you're already doing the right thing. Pick a contact, pledge with 'em, raise rep, repeat. Each contact works for a faction, each contact will unlock certain special items, and faction rep will unlock most other stuff.

I'm just looking forward to when they add in the free-fire districts so you can have it out with the opposite side any time you see them. Those districts will be CRAZY.

I've still got a couple hours left for today, but I'm really excited since the game will roll-over to the normal hours and open to everyone at midnight EST! :D

To everyone looking @ playing this game...

This is one of those games that shouldn't be as fun as it is. Seriously.

It's basically a big damn sandbox, with missions and matchmaking. It's fun as hell. LOL.

I can't stop playing it, and I honestly don't know why. The customization , which normally is not my cup of tea, in APB is great. The missions aren't all that exciting in and of themselves, but the PvP rocks.

It's just one of those games that at its face shouldn't be that fun to play, but somehow is. That's how I see it.

And if you play, get a group that you can play with regularly. Really adds to the experience.

I don't get it, is this basically TF2 with gangs and cops and up to 99 people on the same server?
That's not an MMO where I am looking from, it's a multiplayer game. What am I missing.

Just curious - is anyone playing this on eyefinity? I didn't read all 6 pages of this thread so sorry if I missed it somewhere...

I don't get it, is this basically TF2 with gangs and cops and up to 99 people on the same server?
That's not an MMO where I am looking from, it's a multiplayer game. What am I missing.

You're right, this is NOT a typical MMO. It's a shooter/action game first and foremost. Fees cover server costs and future content development (there will be more (free) content available in the future), like different districts with different gametypes.

It's fun, and it has a lot of potential. Basically, they can add gametypes/districts without effecting the current playstyle. They could add a racing district, headshot district, turf war district, etc.

It's up to them if they want to make this game truly great or let it fall by the wayside.

Also to note. You max each contact out at lvl 6. So once that contact is maxed move on to another.

Also to note. You max each contact out at lvl 6. So once that contact is maxed move on to another.

Cool thanks guys, between here and the APB forums I got a grasp of everything. It really is not like your typical MMO but it is definitely fun. Looking forward to see what they do with it. Hopefully they do great things. (Unlike Borderlands)

Back