Ap-30's fan controller

Hey guys i have 4 ap-30's that i wanted to use but the fan controller wire doesnt qoek w fan controllers for aome reason.

Is there a guide to aetting this up or wirinf it correctly so it works w a fan controller? A guide would be great thanks.

I have the same fans. They pull more amperage than a lot of fan controllers are capable of supplying. They do have a neat trick though. There is a 4th soldering point under the sticker in the back. It's left unused from the factory but is actually a PWM wire point. You can add that wire yourself and make the fan controllable via software on most newer motherboards (still need to pull voltage from a sata or other connector due to the power draw of these fans).

http://www.overclockers.com/Gentle-Typhoon-AP-29-to-PWM/

Thanks for the guide i will start working on that. Why move to a 4 pin. Ill stick w 3 pin for fan controller cause most fan xontrollers today i believe are still 3 pin. But cool

So i am using my scyth controller fan. If i turn it all the way off it goes into qhiet mode and when i crank it up a bit goes full blast. Two modes. Whats up w that.

Does the type of wire matter? I sodered a wire in and crimped it to the existing 3 pin. I feel like i need a ground wire also instead of just yellow (assuming some sort of use) and the new one added to the controller for the AP

I am trying to find my other fan controller to test but no luck finding it yet. Suggestions and ideas?

If i pull the 3 pin away fr the fan controller instant full speed

Back