Aopen 500W

Carrots

n00b
Joined
Aug 28, 2006
Messages
27
I am building an E6600 Conroe system. I want to overclock it as well, to about 3ghz.
Will an Aopen 500W ATX 2.0 12V PSU be enough? (only single 12V rail) I hear that it is a rebranded Fortron (as is the 700W), but am not able to confirm it.
I will have a 7900GT as well, and might one day want to go SLI.
In the event of the G80 one day coming out, what are my chances of keeping the same PSU.

I can get this PSU secondhand for less than half of a new 700W Aopen.
 
I am from South Africa... we dont get such good deals over here.

Are you talking about the OCZ GameXStream 700W Power Supply ?
Thats about $262 at our cheapest online store...

Compared to the $53 I can get the 500W Aopen for.

Now, back to the issue, is the 500W Aopen any good for my proposed setup?
 
Carrots said:
I am from South Africa... we dont get such good deals over here.

Are you talking about the OCZ GameXStream 700W Power Supply ?
Thats about $262 at our cheapest online store...

Compared to the $53 I can get the 500W Aopen for.

Now, back to the issue, is the 500W Aopen any good for my proposed setup?
Can you provide a link to this PSU?

What is the +12V amperage rating?
 
My mistake, it is does have two 12V rails. (the pricelist makes no mention of this, and AOpen doesnt have this specific model on its site.)

12V1 = 16A
12V2 = 15A

Any chance of SLI with this?
 
Carrots said:
My mistake, it is does have two 12V rails. (the pricelist makes no mention of this, and AOpen doesnt have this specific model on its site.)

12V1 = 16A
12V2 = 15A

Any chance of SLI with this?
Very lowend possibly, but I wouldn't count on it. :(
 
Back
Top