AOL Dethrones Google At Top Of Video-Ad Rankings

HardOCP News

[H] News
Is it just me or do you guys also find this hard to believe? It's not like anyone takes results from ComScore, Alexa or any of the other web traffic guesstimators seriously but this is a pretty bold claim.

YouTube is still the king of Internet video, but AOL's takeover of Adap.tv last month is making it the richest in that kingdom. In ComScore's Web video rankings for September, AOL topped Google as the property with the most video ads watched last month, with 3.7 billion views compared to the YouTube parent's 3.2 billion.

I can believe it. AOL has a number of popular sites under their umbrella which they push tabloid type articles to up click views.

Maybe it is true. I can't see how AOL can continue to survive...oh, wait I forgot about them "cancelling" your service and still billing you until you have your bank stop them from charging your card.

I know people who use AOL or AOL.com anyway, and the amount of ads delivered is staggering.

I will add that they are very effective over traditional static ads, if you have the sound on you will hear them making them effective even if you don't look at them. It's one of the reasons I turn off my speakers when I browse, very annoying.

Back