Hey everyone
I am trying to set up a WHS v1. I was given an Asus M2V-MX SE matx motherboard with 5600+ CPU. The BIOS on the motherboard is the most up to date offered by Asus. The bios is the version .21 on the mv8 card.
Before inserting the mv8 card I installed WHS on a SATA hard drive connected to the motherboard and it was working successfully
I received the mv8 card and I plugged it into the pci-e 16x slot on the computer. I turned on the computer and it went past the post screen and detected my hard drive and dvd-rom. The next screen was the mv8 screen which shows spinning up group 0 etc. The next screen was blank and the computer didn't go past that screen. I rebooted the computer and tried to go into the bios using the delete key. The computer detected that I had pressed the delete key because it said "entering setup.." and after going past the mv8 screen, the bios loaded but the keyboard had locked up. I removed the mv8 card and was able to go into the bios
These are some of the steps which I have unsuccessfully tried to get this to work:
- I plugged the mv8 card into my other computer, a p5w dh deluxe, and the computer booted successfully to windows - which tells me that the card is working and/or something with the m2v mx se motherboard.
- I disabled the 13h support on the mv8 card while it was in the p5w motherboard - this made no difference when plugging it back into the m2v-mx se motherboard
- I unplugged my hard drive and dvd-rom and the m2v motherboard still locked up after booting
- i reset the bios to factory settings - the computer still locked up after booting
- The mv8 card can detect hard drives when they are plugged in
I tried looking for a show bios or 13h option in the m2v mx se bios and couldn't find any
I'm almost out of options here. has anyone seen this before and have any steps that I can try.
Thanks in advance
Kelvin
I am trying to set up a WHS v1. I was given an Asus M2V-MX SE matx motherboard with 5600+ CPU. The BIOS on the motherboard is the most up to date offered by Asus. The bios is the version .21 on the mv8 card.
Before inserting the mv8 card I installed WHS on a SATA hard drive connected to the motherboard and it was working successfully
I received the mv8 card and I plugged it into the pci-e 16x slot on the computer. I turned on the computer and it went past the post screen and detected my hard drive and dvd-rom. The next screen was the mv8 screen which shows spinning up group 0 etc. The next screen was blank and the computer didn't go past that screen. I rebooted the computer and tried to go into the bios using the delete key. The computer detected that I had pressed the delete key because it said "entering setup.." and after going past the mv8 screen, the bios loaded but the keyboard had locked up. I removed the mv8 card and was able to go into the bios
These are some of the steps which I have unsuccessfully tried to get this to work:
- I plugged the mv8 card into my other computer, a p5w dh deluxe, and the computer booted successfully to windows - which tells me that the card is working and/or something with the m2v mx se motherboard.
- I disabled the 13h support on the mv8 card while it was in the p5w motherboard - this made no difference when plugging it back into the m2v-mx se motherboard
- I unplugged my hard drive and dvd-rom and the m2v motherboard still locked up after booting
- i reset the bios to factory settings - the computer still locked up after booting
- The mv8 card can detect hard drives when they are plugged in
I tried looking for a show bios or 13h option in the m2v mx se bios and couldn't find any
I'm almost out of options here. has anyone seen this before and have any steps that I can try.
Thanks in advance
Kelvin