AOC I2757FH 1080p IPS

Seems like non of the stores in my area actually stock it. Not sure I want to buy it without seeing it in person.

Just a heads up it's down to 269.99 today.

Decided to order it without seeing it. Should be here by Thursday so if anyone has any questions I should be able to answer them then.

Last edited:
I saw some of the PR about this today and had my curiosity piqued because of that claim of a 2mm bezel.

Looking at the pics on BB and AOC's own website, I wasn't really seeing how that could be accurate, but it wasn't 100% clear

The pictures on the playwares site finally explained it - It looks like this technically does have only a 2mm bezel around the outside edge of the screen. The problem is that there also appears to be some sort of inner bezel underneath the outer glass screen panel, and that looks like it might be ~10mm thick all on its own.

So it's a little misleading making that claim when really you're still looking at about a real ~10-12mm bezel on this thing. Too bad, I was about this close to biting on it..

Mine will be in on Thursday if anyone wants a review. I may not keep it but a 27" ips for $269 seemed to good not to try.

Mine will be in on Thursday if anyone wants a review. I may not keep it but a 27" ips for $269 seemed to good not to try.

Also curious about the width of the outer edge bezel. This may make a sweet eyefinity setup for under $900.

The IPS panels Playerwares reviews are always way better (cherry picked) than most other review sites test units and real world units, at 269$ don't expect it to be good since the 27" Dell S2740L costs 400$

Also curious about the width of the outer edge bezel. This may make a sweet eyefinity setup for under $900.

Their 2mm claim is pretty misleading.

Take a look at the Playwares pics and you can see that even though, yes, the outer edge bezel is only like 2mm, there is some sort of inner bezel under the front glass panel that looks to be a good ~10mm thick. So it's still not bezel-less

On a side note, it's showing as of this morning that my local Bestbuy has these available for pickup. I might have to swing by there and see if they have any on display to check out in person..

I guess advertising outter besel width with thicker inner besels is the latest scam in the monitor industry.

Thanks LG.

Just a heads up it's down to 269.99 today.

Decided to order it without seeing it. Should be here by Thursday so if anyone has any questions I should be able to answer them then.

Let me know how it turns out I went to order one today from bb but they are no longer shipping them online.

Wife just got it picked up from best buy. Should be able to answer some questions after I get off work.

Well first thing. It has a pretty heavy AG coating on it, and just like the LG the 2mm bezel is a lie. It's actually more like 10. ( I knew this before I bought it, thanks to the review posted above.) Other than that there are no bad pixels and the stand is pretty good for such a cheap monitor.

Hey Xr7,

How would three of these look in an eyefinity setup with what you know about the bezels?

So far I'm not really liking the monitor but It would still look good in a 3 monitor setup

EDIT : I'm horrible at calibrating monitors but choosing the sRGB setting made things look a whole lot better.

Last edited:
I actually just boxed it back up, It'll be going back to best buy. I was using it for my PC and Xbox 360, when using it for the Xbox I would randomly get blue vertical lines popping up on the screen. This happened about every 30 seconds.

Has anyone tried 1280x720 gaming on this display? In addition to PC gaming, I'd like to use this for my PS3. Many PS3 games refuse to upscale to 1080 even if you try to force it (ex. Killzone 3), so I am interested to hear or see how it does interpolation.

Can anyone run a PS3 game at 720p or even just a PC game at full screen scaling in 1280x720 @ 60Hz? How does it look?

Back