Anyway to use headphones without unplugging the speakers from soundcard.?

IDF

Limp Gawd
Got some headphones, like to listen to loud music but i cant so thats why i gotem.

But i have to unplug the regular speakers and replace them.

Anyway to have them both in there ?

Plug the headphones into the headphone jack of the speakers. If there isn't one, use a splitter.

You could always go to Radio Shack and pick up a set of audio jacks to create your own cut-out (I did this with speakers that didn't have a headphone jack). Takes (for stereo) a 3-pin terminator on each end and a 5-pin jack in the middle for the headphone connection.

There are also similar deals available on the market for purchase, I expect.

I'd even suggest combining that adapter with an extension cord. Both to make it easier to get to (might or might not matter), and because having a longer headphone cord is always a good thing. :)

(How did this end up in the OS forum?)

lomn75 said:
You could always go to Radio Shack and pick up a set of audio jacks to create your own cut-out (I did this with speakers that didn't have a headphone jack). Takes (for stereo) a 3-pin terminator on each end and a 5-pin jack in the middle for the headphone connection.

There are also similar deals available on the market for purchase, I expect.

Hmm. I'd like to make one of those. Could you expand a little on your explanation? Google is refusing to turn up anything helpful although that could be due to my searching methods :rolleyes:

Don't know your system specs but I have both 2.1 speakers and my headset plugged into soundcard and I switch back and forth with the card's system tray icon.

Many chassis's have front headphone/mic jacks that if wired to mobo will automatically disable rear output to speakers.

Need your system specs.

edit: nevermind, thought spectrum above me was the thread starter. don't have a solution other than a splitter, thats what my dad uses.

Back