Probably a n00b question. Im in the process of updating my workstation plan to add a ~$300 AMD64 CPU in April, but not really worried about feeding a set of SLI video cards. (may go with a single 6600). A new power supply was in the plans, however.
Anyhow, what parts did show up last nigh are a pair of Raptors (74G, plan for RAID 0) and a pair of Barracudas (250G, plan for RAID 1). I wandered down to my lab-of-doom and found out my current PS has a single SATA power connector! What PS (in the $100 range) has four SATA power connectors? Do I just need an adapter, or are they something special. The plan had been the Blue Storm, but looks like it only has two SATA connectors.
Anyhow, what parts did show up last nigh are a pair of Raptors (74G, plan for RAID 0) and a pair of Barracudas (250G, plan for RAID 1). I wandered down to my lab-of-doom and found out my current PS has a single SATA power connector! What PS (in the $100 range) has four SATA power connectors? Do I just need an adapter, or are they something special. The plan had been the Blue Storm, but looks like it only has two SATA connectors.