anything on macos 11? anyone know something?

ar09

Gawd
does anyone know something about the next macos, macos 11? (or xi). what will the next mac os going to look like?:D

More than likely Apple will continue to milk the "X" factor with OSX for a long time to come. They're only at 10.6.3 current which leaves - by tradition and the naming of updates, that is - at least 32 more updates/versions of OSX...

10.6.4 through 10.6.8 (that's 5 more)
10.7 through 10.7.8 (that's 9 more)
10.8 through 10.8.8 (that's 9 more)
10.9 through 10.9.8 (that's 9 more)

They rarely do x.x.9 releases (they did with Panther and Tiger, however, so I figured on x.x.8 for each version as they did with Leopard). Based on their past history of timing new updates and major releases, OS "Eleven" or whatever they plan to call it won't see the light of day for another decade.

And I seriously doubt they'll be calling it OS XI... ;)

does anyone know something about the next macos, macos 11? (or xi). what will the next mac os going to look like?:D
As you know, Apple insiders frequently talk very openly and plainly about upcoming Apple products. I'm sure as soon as any information at all is known, we will see very solid, clear information in blogs and on Apple's website.

Just like normal, right?

The chatter I've seen is about 10.7. Just google for "Mac OS X 10.7", and you'll see a bunch of talk in mid-April 2010 about 10.7 being delayed, with absolutely no information on what will be new.

In my mind, they'd have to do some hugely significant change for Mac OS 11, and if they didn't do that for the iPad, I can't imagine what that would be. If you can, tell us and we'll make a billion dollars.

Back