• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Anything needed when optomizing an SSD?

Azureth

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Feb 29, 2008
Messages
5,323
So I just now got and installed the Samsung 840 and I initialized it but let it do a quick format instead of regular, is that bad? Anything to know?
 
Samsung has an app you can download straight from their website that will optimize the OS for you.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/MZ-7TD120KW

go there and click downloads, its magician software 4.1

I would also uncheck the software from running at start up because the computers I have used it on it wakes the computers up from sleep when the app is running. You only need to run it once and after that it doesn't need to be running.
 
There are a few tweaks you can make in Windows to lower the amount of writes being put onto the drive. I did the Windows 7 version of the guide on my laptop, and on my desktop which uses a cache drive. But with the endurance that modern SSDs have you don't have to do any of this and it won't make any difference to the long term performance of your SSD.

the ssd review

http://.com/ssd-guides/optimization-guides/
 
Samsung has an app you can download straight from their website that will optimize the OS for you.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/MZ-7TD120KW

go there and click downloads, its magician software 4.1

I would also uncheck the software from running at start up because the computers I have used it on it wakes the computers up from sleep when the app is running. You only need to run it once and after that it doesn't need to be running.

Does this work with other brands of SSD, like Corsair?
 
Back
Top