anything higher than 2.1 sound won't work!

mr. nails

Limp Gawd
i got a hp pavilion pc from a friend and he wanted me to install a nvidia card and a new sound card. the sound card is an audigy ls and i used the drivers from the cd. i formated it and if i try to use the onboard sound (which is an asus a7n8x) and/or the audigy sound card nothing works past 2.1. i'm using the nforce 2.45's for the mb drivers. if i use hp's recovery disks 5.1 works, but i don't want to use that crap. i just want what i put on there! i also disabled the onboard sound thru the bios. still no proper sound. can someone help me out? thx!

sry to irritate u, but just wanted to see if anyone had an answer. not a sarcastic remark.

I'm very confused.

You're saying that your friends Pavilion is using an A7N8X, you put an Audigy in it and it will only do 2.1 after you've turned off the onboard and set the proper settings in the Audigy control panel?

Incidentally, unless the A7N8X is the deluxe version you'd want to use the drivers from the CODEC manufacturer, in this case realtek -> www.realtek.com.tw look for ALC650 drivers.

The more clear your writing the more likely someone will be able to help you out - this includes punctuation and capitalization.

Originally posted by leukotriene
The more clear your writing the more likely someone will be able to help you out - this includes punctuation and capitalization.

It also helps to not insult some of the most helpful people on the forums

damn newbies and their 6 hour bumps :(

Originally posted by leukotriene
I'm very confused.

You're saying that your friends Pavilion is using an A7N8X, you put an Audigy in it and it will only do 2.1 after you've turned off the onboard and set the proper settings in the Audigy control panel?

Incidentally, unless the A7N8X is the deluxe version you'd want to use the drivers from the CODEC manufacturer, in this case realtek -> www.realtek.com.tw look for ALC650 drivers.

not sure either. and no, it's not a deluxe ver. even when i used the onboard sound it would only get 2.1. and i did turn off the on-board sound. the only way i could get 5.1 was with hp's recovery disks. i was trying to make it so he could have just winxp without all the hp crap, but i guess he'll have to deal with it if he wants 5.1. hrmm...hp is sensitive.

Originally posted by mr. nails
not sure either. and no, it's not a deluxe ver. even when i used the onboard sound it would only get 2.1. and i did turn off the on-board sound. the only way i could get 5.1 was with hp's recovery disks. i was trying to make it so he could have just winxp without all the hp crap, but i guess he'll have to deal with it if he wants 5.1. hrmm...hp is sensitive.

hold on.........I think someone suggested that.............hey that was X86, the one you ignored and flamed!

ur missing what i'm saying. and what i originally posted. i don't want to use them!!!!! jesus christ, none of u can read!

Back