• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

anything coming after 3d tv?

tvdang7

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Jun 8, 2005
Messages
4,301
About to pull the trigger on a 120hz 3d tv just wanted to know is any thing special technology wise is coming soon besides smart tvs.
 
About to pull the trigger on a 120hz 3d tv just wanted to know is any thing special technology wise is coming soon besides smart tvs.

I'm in a holding pattern until manufacturers roll out smell-o-vision. We have the technology!
 
About to pull the trigger on a 120hz 3d tv just wanted to know is any thing special technology wise is coming soon besides smart tvs.

there won't be any significant changes anytime soon.


4k oled will be fantastic . . . in like 5-7 years for mainstream is my guess
 
I don't understand the need for 4K on smaller (50-60 inch) televisions. Once you factor in average seating distance in an average size room, you're eyes can't discern the difference in pixel density. I.E. 1080P and 4K will look the same at 12 feet.

That said, I like 3D. I'm waiting for the technology to move to 1080P x 60 frames. Currently, only (true) 120HZ desktop monitors with dual like DVI support 1080P 3D at 60 frames. Most 3D TV's have motion interpolation and are labeled at 120 or 240hz.
 
Back
Top