Anything after the AW2310?

EchoMatrix

Gawd
Joined
Feb 1, 2005
Messages
806
Greetings all,

Thinking about getting a Alienware OptXTM AW2310 but wondering if anyone knows of a refresh coming out soon. I'm going to be upgrading my system this winter but I could get the monitor now to help with my homework. (lol) actually I could use the additional real estate because i have like 2-3 documents open at a time for some school work.

Everyone says the AW2310 is a decent monitor with 120hz, low lag, good picture etc but is there anything coming out/ already out that beats this thing in every way? I figure around 23/24 inches with the 120hz because I'm good into FPS. Good successor out there?
 
the planar sa2311w is the best matte 120hz monitor while the alienware is overpriced for no reason. 3D vision blog has a review
 
Yeah, I don't see any reason to buy the Alienware over the LG W2363D or the Planar SA2311w.
 
The LG is gargbage, it uses aggressive AG coating, has terrible default colors and requires calibration to look decent. Only PRAD was able to do a decent job of calibrating the monitor out of many review sites.
 
Its no where near as bad on a good TN monitor as those people make it out to be. As a gamer I would take the 120hz refresh rate and solid response time over an IPS panel some of which have issues of their own anyways.

I also love stereoscopic 3d thats another thing that you can't do with an IPS. One thing that I wish that I did was buy a monitor with HDMI 1.4 so that I had more options with 3d. 3d vision kicks a lot of ass but more options are always nice.
 
Back
Top