Anyone with sb600 raid 0 Please help

Icestation

Weaksauce
First time poster Thanks for any help you can give and if I posted in the wrong spot or anything please let me know

So I have a 790fx gigabyte board (DS5) Running 2 hitachi T7k250 in Riad 0 on the SB600, my problem is Far to slow boot up and shutdown in XP SP2 and SP3 I put my old computer back together a 3700 san diego core on a EVGA nforce 4 board just to make sure I am not going crazy and it boots and shuts down in less then half the time. One major thing I notice is a long pause when windows logo shows and the blue bar rolls passed 2 times then it pauses for 10-15 seconds then resumes and rolls past 5-6 times more before showing welcome screen. this is driving me nuts. My old board and CPU and memory boot twice as fast. So I have gone through about 5 different AMD Raid drivers (installing XP fresh each time) all of them have done it I have been searching all over for a fix. with no luck I split the array to a single drive and it boots faster then when in Raid 0. If i cant get this to work on this SB600 controller I am done. If this is just the way the SB600 is then let me know so I can dump this board in the trash and get another chipset.

Anyone running RAID 0 on a SB600 chip please tell me how long it takes you to boot up XP SP2 or 3 and if it pauses.
And what driver version you have on the Controller please.
When running a single drive it only pauses for like a half a second in the same spot then resumes loading.
I like my 114MB/s Raid and dont want to run a single drive at 60MB/s
All i want is this thing to boot as fast as my old 3700+ and NF4 chipset

Specs
5000+ BE @ 3.0
Gigabyte 790FX DS4
2x1gb 1066 G skill
2x250gb Hitachi T7K250
EVGA 7800GTX KO (I know but if i can get this prob fixed 4850 on its way if not who knows)
Sony DVDRW (IDE)

Back