Anyone with Broken Z-560s?

Punchbugy

Limp Gawd
I've heard the horror stories relating to the Z-560 subwoofer, but hopefully I can use them to my advantage.

My Z-560s have stopped sending anything to the front-left channel. The problem occurs with the sattelites or with headphones attached to them. After some trouble shooting, I suspect the problem might be with the control pod. And unfortunately, Logitech made the things so you practically have to destroy it to take it apart.

So my idea was to see if a fellow [H] member that may have lost their Z-560s to the common subwoofer problems still had their control dock laying around? I obviously would pay for shipping and all that, and would be very thankful, as I can't afford to buy a new set of speakers right now.

It's worth a shot?

Logitech sent me 4 RMA's for my Z-560's before I just got fed up and bought the Z-680's. Call Logitech, bitch long enough, and you will get an RMA, for sure.

My rear right channel went out last year. I called Logitech and they sent me a brand new pair, they have been working for the past 7 months. I plan to get the Klipsch Ultras soon though :D

When I called them they ran my serial number and said it's not under warrentee anymore. But they claim a 2 year warrentee, and I've had them for a year and a half, so I was quite angry with him. He said there's nothing he can do.

This was after we talked for 10 minutes about what operating system I was using. Apparently they don't support Windows 2003 or Mac OS 10.3... Yeah like that's really going to have any effect on the speakers. I finally told him to pretend that I was just using a portable CD Player.

Punchbugy said:
When I called them they ran my serial number and said it's not under warrentee anymore. But they claim a 2 year warrentee, and I've had them for a year and a half, so I was quite angry with him. He said there's nothing he can do.

This was after we talked for 10 minutes about what operating system I was using. Apparently they don't support Windows 2003 or Mac OS 10.3... Yeah like that's really going to have any effect on the speakers. I finally told him to pretend that I was just using a portable CD Player.

lol what an ass!

Back