Anyone with a Corsair K70...? Quick question

song414

Limp Gawd
Hi all,

Just bought a k800 for gaming and I hate it. I just can't get the feel of the super thin keys and miss my old keyboard already. I've decided that I want to get a mechanical keyboard and have really been eyeing the K70.

Now I want to ask, does the K70 have a way to detatch the cord from the keyboard itself? This would make it much easier for me to move it between my two monitors on my L shaped desk (have my 42" TV on one side and my gaming 144hz monitor on the other and like to use the same keyboard/mouse for both so I need to easily switch between the two)

If I have to move my keyboard around it would be much easier to detach it from the keyboard rather than the back of the computer.

If it doesnt is there any mechanical keyboard that can do that?

Also which connection is preferable, USB or PS/2?

Hi all,

Just bought a k800 for gaming and I hate it. I just can't get the feel of the super thin keys and miss my old keyboard already. I've decided that I want to get a mechanical keyboard and have really been eyeing the K70.

Now I want to ask, does the K70 have a way to detatch the cord from the keyboard itself? This would make it much easier for me to move it between my two monitors on my L shaped desk (have my 42" TV on one side and my gaming 144hz monitor on the other and like to use the same keyboard/mouse for both so I need to easily switch between the two)

If I have to move my keyboard around it would be much easier to detach it from the keyboard rather than the back of the computer.

If it doesnt is there any mechanical keyboard that can do that?

Also which connection is preferable, USB or PS/2?

You can't detach the usb cord from the K70. I don't know of any that you can. Pretty much any keyboard you get is going to be USB now days and I don't think it would be beneficial t to convert from USB to PS/2. The K70 supports 1000hz polling and full key rollover through USB.

Many mechanical keyboards do have detachable cords; I can't really toss out a complete or even semi-complete list from the top of my head, but many Duckys do, Rosewill, Leopold, some CMStorm (iirc), ect..

USB v. PS/2 is complete nonsense regarding keyboards, even so, you can buy USB > PS/2 and PS/2 > USB converters designed for keyboards to meet your preference, but you will add more latency doing so (assuming that is what you are trying to reduce); in fact, interface doesn't make much of a difference in latency compared to the keyboard's controller it's self. If a keyboard has interface issues, the problem is either the keyboard's own controller or the device it's plugged into.

Back