Anyone want to recomment speakers for my Samsung 52" LCD?

Rob94hawk

2[H]4U
When watching movies off of my PS3 I always have to crank up the volume to get decent sound. I have a Samsung 52" LCD. For gaming the sound it good but for movies it sucks especially during talking scenes. I know squat about speaker systems or their output jacks so I can definetly use some education in this area.

I could use a recommendation on speakers. I have plenty of room to set up a resonably priced surround sound system. Do I run speakers directly off of the LCD itself?

Educate me plz. thanx

I think the speakers on the samsung tv's are terrible IMO. Check AVSforum.com for many options on the speakers. You need to set a price before you start looking to give an idea of what to suggest.

Depends on what you want......

Do you want to set up a 5.1 or 7.1 surround?
Are you willing to buy a A/V receiver and separate sattelites?
How big do you want the speakers??

If you are interested in the best size/price ratio......I'd recommend Orb.....small sizes, pretty small prices, good packages, good sound......

What's your room size and budget? A good rule of thumb for budget is 70% for speakers, 30% Receiver.

For entry level receiver I'd suggest either Denon or Onkyo (I, myself own a Denon AVR-1909). both companies have full featured receivers at a relatively low price. In addition, the build quality (at least my Denon) is pretty hearty.

As for speakers, I can only speak to Energy's (as I own a set of small bookshelf speakers (C-50), sub (ESW-8) and center(CC-50)). I've auditioned some higher end brands (well, mid-fi) (Paradigm's Signature 20's and B&W's CM 1/5). However, they were both 2-channel setups, so I can't comment on HT use. I'd highly suggest that you go out in your area to go demo speaker setups yourself to get an idea of what type of sound you like.

As far as places online to purchase I'd suggest Audio Advior, WWStereo, 6Ave, and JR. Amazon also has some random deals home theater gear.

Feel free to send me an PM's if you'd like if you have questions. Also, as 96red suggested, AVSForum is a great place to look for information. They have a lot of good information as well as helpful members that are willing to take time to answer questions. Good luck on your search and have fun!

Last edited:
Thanx for the tips guys. I forgot that I was already registered on the AVS.com forums.

I didn't realize that you need a reciever when using speakers. I'm thinking a 5.1 system is just fine since I just want improved sound over the 2 lame 10 watt speakers that come attached with the LCD now.

I will get measurements for the room tomorrow and do more research.

Back