Anyone wanna analyze my debug dumps?

bigtimmy

n00b
I have some .dmp files (minidumps) that I need analyzed. I tried to do it myself, but I'm afraid I'm not proficient enough with the kernel debugger dos program. Anyone wanna give it a whirl? Basically, my PC reboots unexpectedly and frequently (about 4 times a day or so). I haven't determined a pattern, but I can make it error if I use the dxdiag and test directx 9. Again, that's not the only time it reboots. In the course of trying to debug, I turned off the "reboot automatically" checkbox in My Computer/Properties/Startup and Recovery. Since I did that it doesn't give me a useful bluescreen, however, it's just blank. Then I get an error pop-up box when I reboot manually. :confused:

If it helps you out, you could post one of them, and I can tell you what file/driver it's complaining about. I have access to the Crash Analyzer from ERD Commander 2005.

Okay, it appears to be a problem with your video drivers.

The file in question that's causing the crash is %systemroot%\system32\atikvmag.dll

I googled the file, but found nothing consistent in terms of BSODs related to it. Do you have the latest ATI drivers loaded, along with the chipset drivers for your motherboard?

I'VE FIGURED IT OUT!! My crashes were being caused NOT by the video drivers or anything else! It was a program called a4SSE that I had used to enable SSE for my CPU. I took it out of my startup folder and now I can run Direct 3D 9 tests without crashing! WCPUID v3.0f seems to do a better job of enabling SSE. (I can run Direct 3D 9 tests, but my game still crashes).

Hey djnes, thanks a lot for looking at my memory dumps! I've tried the latest Catalyst drivers 5.11 and 5.9. As for the chipset drivers, I'm using an older ECS K7S5A (rev 1.1 or 3.1) which uses the SIS 735 chipset. I went to the ECS website and found only AGP drivers, is that the same thing? Here's the link .
Also, how do I double check which chipset drivers I have loaded? Somewhere in Device Manager?

Ha! So much for analyzing the dumps! Anyway, glad you got it fixed.

Back