Anyone w/a BFG 7800GTX256 running@501core and 1.3 mem?

HBpsy

n00b
Just wondering if it's a rare card or what not. Looked on newegg and found none.

Oh and by the way, this was the one they sent me after I RMAed a 7800GT. I had great customer service from them. They advance shipped it to me with prepaid shipping label after I left them with my CC number. I SOOOO want to overclock this, but don't want to ruin the warranty.

-Psy

Its probably one that someone modded, borked it, sent it back and BFG sent it back out..

I hope not. Anyways it works great. No issues that I've experienced so I guess I wouldn't care if it was OC'd. It just seemed odd that it came like that from them. Like I said, I wanted to know if anyone has seen one clocked like this @ stock.

-Psy

If I were you, I'd contact BFG and get things straight with them... if you have trouble with it down the line and you have to RMA it, they'll probably see it as overclocked and deny your warranty. You should at least tell them what's up.

Yep, you got it. The 500 reported on the benchmarks is the stock clock. That delta is always a confusing item. It is not on the GT or the new 512 version, however.

Zinn said:
If I were you, I'd contact BFG and get things straight with them... if you have trouble with it down the line and you have to RMA it, they'll probably see it as overclocked and deny your warranty. You should at least tell them what's up.

This is exactly what I'm getting at. I guess I'll have to call them tomorrow then. Anyways, this is what 3dmark05 shows, which has been dead on for me with past video cards. Thanks for the advice.

-Psy

You could allways just hit besbuy or whoever buy another one replace the serial stickers and return it lol I know Im bad but I would do it ..... burn baby burn!

HBpsy said:
This is exactly what I'm getting at. I guess I'll have to call them tomorrow then. Anyways, this is what 3dmark05 shows, which has been dead on for me with past video cards. Thanks for the advice.

-Psy

Why call for an RMA when the card is running at spec? Your clock is 460 plus the delta for a net of 500 on the core reported by 3Dmark05 correctly. You will look like an ass if you call them about this non issue looking for an RMA. You are looking for a nice big helping of crow. Your card is at stock!!

Back