• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Anyone using WD EARS drives in RAID1?

LTek

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
1,402
I want the lowest noise, heat, and vibration possible in my Windows based (probably Intel Matrix) RAID1 two disk set.

Since I've read about the potential issues with head parking, wondering if anyone has first hand experience with RAID1 using EARS drives?

thx
 
I am on a spare system, I've yet to have any issues after about a year of using them in FakeRAID with RAID1. Good read speed boost between them in RAID1 as well. Running Win 7 and still going strong.
 
Back
Top