• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Anyone using the Scythe Ninja?

TheGamerZ

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Sep 18, 2003
Messages
5,216
I just ordered a Scythe Ninja and a Panaflo 120mm to slap on it. Anyone here have any experience with this cooler? Official reviews are nice...but I'd like to hear from you guys. :)
 
mine should arrive tomorrow, Ill post final results by the end of next week. Goal is 2.6 from a X2 3800+...At least cooling shouldn't be the thing holding me back.
 
I use mine passively on an AMD 3500+ mounted in a P180. I really like it. It is a good design with enough separation for air to easily flow inbetween the fins, size to absorb heat, and light enough weight. It will work better in some cases than others I'd guess. In a case with a side mounted case fan, much less air would get pushed thru the fins than in a front-to-back (and up) design like the P180.
 
i have one and the only gripe i have with it is its cheap look.. it just looks cheap. Also the fins are of aluminum and they bend really easily. The wire fan attachements needed some modding for me to be able to fit them around the socket clips and have the fan mounted properly. Other than that stuff, its a good cooler
 
I have a p180. Yes it bends really easily but it looks nice - not cheap IMHO. I was also thinking of using this heatsink. I was gonna use 2 fans though. One of the antec p180s tricools blowing in air at the lowest fan setting and another nexus 120mm fan blowing in air at 12v @40cfm and I was thinking of using the top p180 fan as the exhaust.
 
computergeek22 said:
I have a p180. Yes it bends really easily but it looks nice - not cheap IMHO. I was also thinking of using this heatsink. I was gonna use 2 fans though. One of the antec p180s tricools blowing in air at the lowest fan setting and another nexus 120mm fan blowing in air at 12v @40cfm and I was thinking of using the top p180 fan as the exhaust.

I have the two back fans (Nexus) in exhaust mode. The front fan (Nexus) provides sufficient cool air. I'd add a fan to the front of the Ninja if I was going to overclock.
 
Its a very nice cooler. Yes the wire pcs that hold the fan on is kind of wimpy, but the rest is top notch. The bottom surface finish could use a touch up of sand paper :)

My opty runs 38 idle 46 load @ 2900mhz
 
I think its a good cooler also.

My 3500+ Venice runs 32 idle and 43 load @ 2750
 
to add to the praise...

Great cooler, especially if youre into quiet computing. I've got a Yate Loon 120mm (same as nexus but runs ~25% faster) on an x2 3800 at 2.4 (1.4v) and I've get to see any load temps over 50c.

Build quality is also good, not zalman-like but good enough. Check the base, it might need some lapping - mine did. Also I didn't run into any problems mounting my fan on it - this is after I read all sorts of things about how it was so hard to get a fan on there. Just follow the instructions and all will be good.
 
Back
Top