• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

anyone using Noctua NH-U12P?

mystykmax

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 4, 2005
Messages
473
I am using this HSF with their Noctua NF-P12 fan to cool my q6600 in a thermaltake Mozart Tx case. I have the q6600 oc'd to 3.2 (9x356) running on 1.328V and when I run prime, the temps hit about 65C according to core temp. It seems like anything over this results in prime errors. I even tried running at 9x360=3.240 and it bombed out after about 3 1/2 hours last night and the temps were around 67C. I had moved the V up two notches in my bios to 1.35V (which probably was around 1.34V after droop). First of all, is the fan I'm using on my HS enough or do you guys recommend more fan on this HS? Also, am I getting to the point where I'm going to get tons more heat from even slightly higher clocks? Just curious as to some of your thoughts.
 
Push pull config on this heatsink helps, though I don't think it'll help you reach that magical 9x400 given your current setup.
 
I am using the Noctua NH-U12P with the stock NF-P12 fan on an Intel QX6850 and an OC to 3.6 GHz., 9X400. This is on an MSI P45 Platinum MB, which is known for its low temp operation. My idle temps are low to middle 80's F and gaming brings me up high 90's F, just under 100 F. This is measured by the MSI Dual Core software utility. I also bumped up the VCore to 1.34V. From what I see of the Mozart case you are using, it has multiple fans, but I wonder where you have your BIOS settings on the fan speeds, if running from the MB fan connections. It might be the MB is too conservative on fan speed and manual settings or just go 100% all the time, might be the answer to the hot load temps. Check the air flow and heat exhausting out the PSU and case rear fan(s) to verify your air flow in the case. If the heat is not getting out, find out why? The fan speed, mentioned, and a clear air flow path, cables in the way, dust and dirt build up. Route and tie off the cables and blow air around the case to get rid of dust build up. Hope this helps your cooling. The Noctua rates near the top in cooling with the best ones beating it by just 2 to 4 degrees, but it takes all others regarding noise.
 
Back
Top