Anyone using Brave?

Brian_B

2[H]4U
Brave web browser

Just stumbled across it in another forum. Looked like it may have some chops behind in with respect to development. I'm downloading and installing to try it out but haven't formed any opinion yet.

I've been a Chrome user for a while, I've tried FF and Opera off and on but could never get hooked. Just wondering if anyone here had any experience or feedback regarding Brave.

Honestly I’m still not sure. Their website says more than I could.

To date I’m not terribly impressed and I don’t really understand their coin reward system.

But the jury is still out.

Been using it as a daily driver on most of my systems for the last year or so.

For most things, I absolutely love it. Privacy focused, fast and supports TOR and BitTorrent OOTB. Unfortunately, it lacks in the plugin department, but that's something they're working on. The download manager also kind of sucks, but it's something I can overlook.

Once themes are fully supported (like sylish/etc), It will completely replace my other browsers.

I have been trying it out, have run into some hiccups but like the monetization concept.
Which as I understand it is basically a monthly distribution from the wallet the browser creates, proportionate in one way or another to the amount of time recorded as spent on a given page or site.
There is an option to deposit or withdraw, but the browser has given me 15 tokens a month to fund the monthly payout. I assume that is standard as I haven't done anything to request that.

Found this thread searching to confirm this is correct:
h.png

Been playing with it on and off over the past few years. It's a lot better now. If I were going to use a Chromium based browser it would probably be Brave. They have the mouse 3rd button scrolling just right (like Firefox). But of course the bookmark handling is poor and not being able to rearrange icons sucks.

But Brave is very fast. Probably faster than Vivaldi.

I have been using Brave as a secondary browser for a while, both on GNU/Linux and Windows and I noticed big leaps forward in term of stability compared to months ago. The browser is fast and the adblocking potential feels quite right but right now I'm addicted to Firefox and I can't see myself switching, don't know why

Back