Anyone using an older IBM thinkpad?

samiam696

Limp Gawd
If you have an older ibm laptop, between about 1ghz-500mhz, how do you like it? I was thinking about trying to buy an older ibm, maybe something like a t20 or t22? I dont need anything crazy powerful, just something simple enough to browse the web and stuff like that. Ive got my desktop for gaming, im bascilly just going for mobility. Do you think its worth it to buy an older ibm t20-22 for about 450-700 bucks? You can get a low end new dell 1100 for the upper 700s some times cheaper, but i really like the size and quality for the ibm over the dell. Bascilly my question is do you think the IBM t20/t22 is still worth the prices the are selling for, or should i just go for something new?

I work with alot of IBM Thinkpads and Dell Lattitudes ... I find the dell's give me far less trouble honestly ... I work with mostly A20-23's and R31's on the IBM end and D500 lattitudes ... biggest gripe about the thinkpads are the hard drives ... ive had at least 50% percent failure rate with the hdd's ... other then that though they're stable, though a bit on the ugly side ...

Back