Anyone using a Seasonic SS-400HT?

What if the bias in this case is what you're trying for? Why would you recommend a site with no reviews of that power supply over a site that has one?

sandmanx:
The fan is the same one used in the S12-500 / 600, which means it's slightly noisier than the one used in the S12-330, 380 and 430.
That might be a reason to buy the S12 ;)

unhappy_mage said:
What if the bias in this case is what you're trying for? Why would you recommend a site with no reviews of that power supply over a site that has one?

sandmanx:

That might be a reason to buy the S12 ;)
I was referring to their general recommendations for extremely low powered PSU's.

They are way too low for people seeking high performance.

Well, my setup will be an E6300 or E6600 with a 7950GT, and 2GB of PC-800. 500 or 600watt PSUs sound like total overkill, and I'm looking for max eficiency from a power supply, not the ability to upgrade to rediculious amounts of power draw.

There is no plans for SLI in my future.

davidhammock200 said:
I think you reviewers are full of themselves!

For reviews, I recommend staying away from people who have an unusual bias (silent), try www.jonnyguru.com

Dave ;)

Jonny is good, as anyone can attest, but I think he'd be one of the first to credit Mike Chin at SPCR for being one of the first to offer credible power supply reviews based on solid testing methodology. Even when they discredit a power supply for not being as quiet as they'd like, they still give the relevant information needed for all other criteria.

Respectfully, I disagree with your above assessment.

LoneWolf said:
Jonny is good, as anyone can attest, but I think he'd be one of the first to credit Mike Chin at SPCR for being one of the first to offer credible power supply reviews based on solid testing methodology. Even when they discredit a power supply for not being as quiet as they'd like, they still give the relevant information needed for all other criteria.

Respectfully, I disagree with your above assessment.
If you read that review, you will see it was a gloss over, full of incorrect information. :eek: :(

Back