Anyone using a pocketable headphone dac/amp?

I've been using my Timeless 7hz IEMs with my deck, they sound great but I wanted to try my Hifiman Sundaras as they have a larger soundstage. The problem is the decks headphone port is not powerful enough to power the Sundaras to their full potential. So I was looking into a pocketable dac/amp, one that could run off the decks USBc port, powerful enough to power the Sundaras, but small enough to fit into the backside of the deck case.

Does anyone have a pocket dac/amp they could suggest. One they have been using to power their larger cans?

Let me know, thanks.

I'd recommend going with a Bluetooth setup vs pulling power from the Deck. You'll drain the battery fast and lose your only USB port.

Look for something with both a DAC and amp, Bluetooth, both 3.5 and 4.4mm jacks, and a simplistic interface. Avoid anything with Android as the interface, or it'll just complicate the hell out of things. Also, I'd shoot for something with at least 500mw @ 32ohms if you want those Sundaras to actually have some volume without distorting or getting screechy.

What's your budget?

Back