• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Anyone using a pocketable headphone dac/amp?

Joined
Mar 18, 2013
Messages
593
I've been using my Timeless 7hz IEMs with my deck, they sound great but I wanted to try my Hifiman Sundaras as they have a larger soundstage. The problem is the decks headphone port is not powerful enough to power the Sundaras to their full potential. So I was looking into a pocketable dac/amp, one that could run off the decks USBc port, powerful enough to power the Sundaras, but small enough to fit into the backside of the deck case.

Does anyone have a pocket dac/amp they could suggest. One they have been using to power their larger cans?

Let me know, thanks.
 
I'd recommend going with a Bluetooth setup vs pulling power from the Deck. You'll drain the battery fast and lose your only USB port.

Look for something with both a DAC and amp, Bluetooth, both 3.5 and 4.4mm jacks, and a simplistic interface. Avoid anything with Android as the interface, or it'll just complicate the hell out of things. Also, I'd shoot for something with at least 500mw @ 32ohms if you want those Sundaras to actually have some volume without distorting or getting screechy.

What's your budget?
 
Back
Top