Anyone using a controller for PC version of Oblivion?

ptech

Limp Gawd
Since I've been playing the Xbox version of Morrowind for a few years, I'm used to the controls on it. But I don't have an Xbox 360 to play the game in, but I want to experience it with the same controls as the Xbox 360 does. I've accomplished that, partly, by using a Logitech Rumblepad 2. But the thing that annys me is that I cannot scroll through inventory and dialogue using the directional pad; rather, I have to use the mouse, or use the analog thumbstick to select. Is there a way to rid the PC version of the mouse and just use a setup like the Xbox 360? If not, I hope Bethesda comes out with a patch or something that does allow that.

PS I know a lot of PC users prefer the keyboard/mouse combo, but being more of a console gamer myself, I kinda like the Xbox controllers myself.

PWMK2 said:
Just get a wired Xbox 360 controller and plug it into your PC...
That won't fix his problem. Bethesda said that they would release an update that added functionality to the Xbox 360 controller, but for now support is pretty much non-existant.

I reqested a mod on the Elder Scrolls forums that hid the mouse cursor and made the GUI resemble the Xbox 360's, but that was pretty much ignored. :mad:

Well, I did buy an xbox-to-USB adapter which allows me to use my xbox controller to play the game, but the thing is that the PC version of Oblivion depends on the mouse in the inventory and dialogue screens. I do hope the mods incorporate that suggestion you are talking about.

figured out what i needed to do. after hours of toying with drivers for the xbox-to-usb adapter I got it all to work perfectly. I downloaded XBCD (xbox controller drivers) and, paired with ControlMK to emulate mouse movements I can control MOST of the functions. now if only i could navigate inventory and dialogue menus with the controller rather than moving the mouse with the controller that wuold be optimal.

Back