Anyone useing a 32" 1080p HDTV for Main PC Monitor?

Diablo2K

Supreme [H]ardness
I been thinking about getting a 32" 1080p HDTV and useing it as a PC Monitor. I know its alot bigger than what I have and will take some getting use to the size. Just wondering what experiances people have doing this.
I currently have a 32" 720p HDTV and wouldn't use it for my main monitor as I can clearly see the pixels at the distance I would be useing it at.

Will there be problems with games not being able to use the 1920x1080 resolution, I know the standard PC resolution for that is 1920x1200?

I've been wondering if a 32" HDTV would be good as well... have my eye on the Panasonic 32LZ800, but the price is quite high still at all the places I've seen it here in Montreal. I'd love to hear from people who use this kind of setup have to say about it as well :)

yeah, I been looking at Toshiba Regza 32RV530U.
I have also thought about getting a Vertical Dual Monitor and beefing it up so I could mount the display above my current monitor. That way I could at least get the 5.1 audio from my computer and still be able to play games and watch movies from my easy chair.

I wish I had the money to get everything I want then I wouldn't have to do comprimises like this. Then I could have my HTPC and My Gaming PC, and my Portable.....

Most games these days will simply use the OS's modelist which means they should work with 1920x1080 and any other resolution you could want. For the few poorly coded games (see EA) there are hacks and workarounds, which you can find at www.widescreengamingforum.com .

I am using the Sony 32XBR6, and I really like it. I also have a 30" Apple Cinema Display. What I really like about the Sony is how I can recline in my chair and still read really easily. Although I love the 2560x1600 resolution of the Apple, 1920x1080 is more than enough for most tasks.. I am considering putting the 32" in my bedroom and buying the 37" big brother of it to use as my gaming monitor..

If you are looking for a budget 37" 1080p I would recommend the Westinghouse 37W3SE that Buy.com has right now for $600 shipped.

my friends using a 60" DLP 1080p HDTV for his monitor, it's a bit fuzzy when displaying things but it worked okay from faraway

I used a 32" 1080P Sharp Aquos as my main screen for about 9 months until last weekend when I upgraded to a 37" 1080P Sharp.

Both are excellent and make for enjoyable computer screens once they are setup properly.

I loved the 32" size for computer work, but wanted something a touch larger for sitting back and watching movies in HD, so that's why I got the 37".

i also use a 32'' 1080p Sharp Aqous TV as my main monitor and it's been great! Like others mentioned you can just sit back into the chair and can still see the screen quite clearly.

playing games on it is a blast too.

btw, most newer games allow you switch aspect ratio (to 16:9 which is what HDTVs have) and then you can select resolutions within that ratio - I play COD4 at 1920x1080 no problem.

Back