Anyone use Zune Car Pack v2? I hate it.

BigBeef

Limp Gawd
I was wondering if anyone uses the Zune Car Pack with the v2 FM transmitter and what your experiences are. I have used mine for 3 days...never again. The signal isn't just bad, its pathetic. I figured the v2 model would work a lot better than the v1 since it was completely redesigned, and the v1 model was junk. Guess not. I hate this thing so much I smashed it against my dashboard and blew it into pieces. I guess this could be a warning to anyone thinking about buying one...don't!

I have an iRiver AFT 100 on the way...it's the only FM transmitter I've used that actually works flawlessly.

dhh9a00001.jpg
9185e_b-Iriver-AFT-100-Mobil-4b03a978f902.jpeg

That sucks. I have a Zune, but my car has an AUX in, so I just plug the Zune directly to the stereo.

Ya know got mine from woot a few days ago too, and chalked the unit up to junk. But I was just reading on the discussion on woot for this guy and a few people were talking about how this guy has to piggyback onto a strong radio station, not find a weak one.

Going to try it once I get outta work and will report back, but just figured I'd throw that out there, see if it makes any sense.

Hehe... I live near Seattle and I got 2 stations that worked fine...

Direct 3.5mm into the radio sounds better, so I gave it to my brother who doesn't have a 3.5mm into his deck. Now he can listen to his Zune in his car fo free...

I'm just going to get a car-charger for it and go direct...

The very first one it picked up on auto-tune worked great... then took another 10-15 tries to get a 2nd station...

I have the Zune car pack V1, and have no problems with it in three cars. Only one car has issues and it has issues with any FM station (most likely a bad ground to the radio)

Use this to figure out what station to use:
http://www.belkin.com/mybestfm/

That's what I did and once I did it, it help tremendously. The "Auto Search" function picked a different station that didn't work as well as the one recommended on the belkin site.

Hmm, thanks for the link. They definitely do work better then the ones I was trying. Makes it just a little less sucky for me

I bought the car pack v2 on a whim for one car trip. The FM transmitter was absolute garbage... sounded terrible even in the middle of nowhere. The car charger was nice and fancy looking though.

Back