• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Anyone use waterproof cameras?

vsboxerboy

2[H]4U
Joined
Oct 17, 2005
Messages
3,661
So, unfortunately someone stole my SD1000 out of my car about two months back and I am looking to replace it. I am looking at getting another SD1000 but I was also toying around with the idea of getting a waterproof camera such as the Pentax Optio W30. At this point in time I don't know if the extra money is worth the waterproof feature, but they're in fairly similar price ranges. I wouldn't mind spending the extra money but not if the pictures are crummy. I looked up flicker pics with this camera and they looked good to me, but does anyone have anything to chip in here?

edit:
Oh and sorry, but I just have to post this somewhere as it really made me lol:
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/sandwich.png[/I
[url]http://xkcd.com/149/[/url]
 
Pentax is a good brand in photography. Their dSLR's are widely considered one of the best values and have great performance/features for the price. I would assume their lower models would be pretty good too. Check out some reviews/forums on www.dpreview.com and I'm sure they have more samples of pictures to look at.
 
Back
Top