Anyone Use This New GSkill DDR2 In P5Q?

I haven't used those particular sticks, but I do use these very similar ones in my P5Q Pro: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231145

They're actually cheaper than the ones you linked to, and they're rated for the same timings at 800MHz as well as being guaranteed to run at 1000MHz as well. I recommend you go with that set instead, unless there's a specific reason not to.

The faster sticks I linked to can also do 4-4-4-12 with 1.8V at 800MHz, so you wouldn't be losing out on anything by going with them. Since they're already cheaper, can do the same timings at the same speed, and are rated to run at a higher speed as well, I don't see any reason not to just go with them instead.

I didn't see those sticks listed in my Asus mobo guide. I know that doesnt mean they wont work but I didnt want to guess. I have some 1GB DDR2 800 GSkill HZ's running now but I am not sure the board likes them ( I read the board doesnt like Microns which is what the HZ's are). I dont get memory errors but I get browser/app freezes and lock-ups and winsock corruptions etc. I wanted to 2GB sticks anyway so I thought I would try some other sticks. The 1000's would be fine if they board will like them.

Well, I'm using the exact sticks I linked you to in my P5Q Pro without issue. That's one of the reasons I suggested them, in fact; I know that they'll work.

I ordered some today. Reading around one person had a reply from GSKill that those sticks had same IC's as a Asus recommended unit for P5Q-E (but were just binned higher or somesuch). Thanks for help.

Back