Anyone use speech-to-text programs?

blade12

Limp Gawd
Hello, I came across Nuance Dragon. I was wondering if anyone has tried it.. I have some hand/wrist problems in my muscles that causes major problems when typing for long periods. I run 2 blogs, and I am trying to figure out how the speech-to-text programs are out there...

1) I noticed Dragon is expensive.. Is it worth the money when it comes to accuracy? I mean I can't afford it but I may not have a choice.

2) Would any regular mic work with it? I have a clip-on mic I used to do gaming with & use teamspeak with (I can't do much gaming anymore). It is a pretty cheap mic.. It picks up background noise

3) Does it matter which version I buy? They don't seem to compare the 3 versions next to each other. Obviously I cannot afford their $600 version :eek:

I see no trial version. Argh.. Anyways, feel free to suggest anything else out there.. Thanks!

Dragon is really good stuff. I have set it up for a few people and it's really amazing tbh. That being said, you are still going to be correcting things it's typed out for you. It can also be pretty painful to get everything setup the way you want. But once it has your voice down and it's tweaked the way you want it it's really hard to beat.

Dragon is really good stuff. I have set it up for a few people and it's really amazing tbh. That being said, you are still going to be correcting things it's typed out for you. It can also be pretty painful to get everything setup the way you want. But once it has your voice down and it's tweaked the way you want it it's really hard to beat.

What are you saying ( In red ) message me please.
:cool:

For a free solution have you tried leveraging Google's voice-to-text transcription?

Here's a web version works pretty well on my Windows tablet and doesn't require any software installation. You can then copy and paste the text to your blog.

https://dictation.io/

Nothing beats Dragon. Medical Industry lives by it for transcribing.

Yeah, I read many reviews. Dragon looks to be the best out there. I will get Dragon.

What mic do you all use? I use Zalman Zm-1 clip-on mic.. honestly, it has great bang for the buck at $7, but you get what you pay for.. Anything better out there?

Back