• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

anyone use hdtvs with their pc?

Light1984

Gawd
2FA
Joined
Dec 31, 2004
Messages
619
ok, i was thinking about this.. how bout a 30 inch hdtv or something to run with your pc, and then xbox360 when it comes out.. and ps3... this sony i found has hdmi input, so i can run it with a pc, dvi to hdmi cables... what kinda resolution can i run at??? will it still look like crap even though its hd? 1080p is the highest right, isnt that like 1900x1000 or something like that?


http://www.crutchfield.com/S-H1JoMT...id=morephotos&pi=3&i=158KV30HS4&display=L#Tab
 
first off it claims Hi-Scan 1080i™ Display

Did you know you can get 30" lcds for about that price? May not be exactly what you are looking for but at least you will know exactly what resolution it can do
 
Useing a 61' DLP to game with on ocasion. Looks good with DVI. What ever you do, use DVI, S-Video is horible.
 
Alias said:
Useing a 61' DLP to game with on ocasion. Looks good with DVI. What ever you do, use DVI, S-Video is horible.

I'll agree with that. S-Video really does suck for video card output.
 
that Sony is NOT hd its hd ready. so does that mean you need a hd tuner or something??
 
trek554 said:
that Sony is NOT hd its hd ready. so does that mean you need a hd tuner or something??

Yes, the TV is incapable of decoding HD video without an external HD-Tuner. Also, there are Sony models that are HD. Unless we are talking about a specific TV, it's not fair to say that because it is Sony, it doesn't support HDTV.

EDIT: NM, I see the TV in question.The TV should be able to do HD resolutions off of an input without the HD Tuner though.
 
Yeah, I'm waffling on that Westinghouse 37 as well. Waiting to see if they'll come down a little during the holidays. I'd like to see one running DVI at it's native res of 1920x1080 before I buy tho.

Anyone seen the $3500 Toshiba DLP 72incher that has 1080p? Seems pretty impressive, although I hear that it's micromirror device uses some kind of 960x2 "mirror tilting" to achieve the 1920 horizontal res.
 
im using a pioneer 50 inch plasma hdtv, hooked to my shuttle pc
 
IMO, not worth it.

A CRT HDTV that small will not have true 1080i/p resolution (1920x1080). While you might be able to run the PC at 1080 pixels wide, you're going to probably change the resolution to something lower due to overscan and a overall higher dot pitch that HDTVs tend to have. And a PC on something that small to me is not worth it. When you get to some of the bigger televisions, that can actually handle a higher resolution (most DLPs and LCDs 42" to 60" handle true 720p resolution, 1080i broadcasts usually get downconverted), then the HTPC becomes more worth it.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...CategoryId=pcmcat31800050029&id=1122655672986

A bad boy like this can handle true HD resolution, and it just came out.
 
I've got a 30 incher I use for my monitor. Nothing special, a powerspec I think. 1280 X 768 (or whatever).

I like the size, and to me it looks great (DVI connection).

Coupled with a wireless keyboard and mouse I can sit on my bed and mess around on the pc, and i'm not stuck right infront of it.

I game on it as well. Love it.

The only small problem I have that i can't figure out is when my text gets highlighted (like a cut and paste) it gets hard to read.
 
Alias said:
Useing a 61' DLP to game with on ocasion. Looks good with DVI. What ever you do, use DVI, S-Video is horible.

what brand of DVI cables do you use and where can i get em? :)
 
Back
Top