Anyone use Gamefly?

Raines8416

[H]ard|Gawd
For those who do, I have a question for you. Do your games get lost in the mail a lot? It happens so frequently to me it makes me wonder if it USPS that sucks or gamefly's shipping/receiving department.

I have a 2 game plan with them, I usually wait until Im done with both games, and send them both back at the same time. However, it seems like 1/4 times I send my games back, one of them never gets marked as receieved. Also, in the about 18 months I've had their service, at least 3 games never got to me. Usually they are newer games that were being sent to me as soon as they released. I really dont think they are getting stolen.

Anyone else have problems like this with gamefly? My fear is that one of these day I'm gonna see a $60 charge on my credit card.

EDIT: Wow, I just realized I made this same exact thread last year. Sorry guys, I just got a game that didnt make it to me the first time, and it inspired me to post.

I used them never had a problem getting lost in the mail...Just it taking 5 days to get here or get back to them...

theya re based in nevada or california I believe. This is good for west coast people but my experience has been absoultely horrible from the midwest(wisconsin miwaukee). I have heard east coast users should not even bother.

It was taking me on average 7-9 days for them to register a game as being returned and to ship another one out another 5-7 days. Thats 2 games a month basically with half the month spent on shipping. Totally waste for me.

I use them. They reciently opened an Eastern distribution center. i get my games in 2 days after they recieve the one that i sent back. Im more than happy with the service so far.

Ive got every next gen system sans the PS3.

edit: I live in Michigan.

I've used Netflix, Blockbuster online, GameznFlix, and Gamefly and one thing they all have in common....they will "throttle" you back if you turn over games/movies too quickly. In other words if they send you 2 games and then 2 days later you send both back at the same time (and do it frequently enough) they will mark one game as recieved and the other is "mysteriously" lost for a couple days until you report it...then it magically appears as "recieved":rolleyes:

The worst experience I've had was with GameznFlix showing that they shipped a game on a certain date and 6 days later I still hadn't recieved it....when I reported it lost I was told that it really was shipped but they have no control over the postal service and to not worry about it. Well..magically 2 days later it arrives after 8 mail-run days total. Another interesting fact is that the distribution center is a 45 minute drive from where I live which means a usual next day delivery after mailing.:rolleyes:

edit- the above happened more than once and only with GameznFlix....the others would just "hide" games/movies as not being recieved instead of lying about shipping them.

I've had the same issue with Gamesnflix. It's an awesome service and usually when i send a game back I get my new game 2 days after I send it back. But if I get a game and I don't like it and mail it back within a day or two it takes about a week. I thought it was the mail until it started repeating itself.

I think this is the same worry that everyone has, because most have reported a game/movie lost and im sure these companies understand shit happens. But with you having 18 months and only 3 games lost, doesn't seem like a big deal.

I had blockbuster 8 at a time for over a year. I got around 25 movies each month and would report 2-3 each month as lost and I have never had a problem with them charging me or cancelling my service.

With games....i've had all the services, but have never had to report a game lost.

btw, numbthumb > gamefly

I've used them for Xbox games for my nieces and I've been happy with their prices and shipping time.

I've never seen BlockBuster throttle me. It seems fine with me, too bad I can't interchange games and movies though.

I had the service, and I'd rate it about 75% It took a while for stuff to get to me, and one time it took them more than 7 actual mailing days to receive something. My main complaint would be the 360 section basically said "short wait" the entire time I had the service until they changed the way they stated their wait times.

Never actually had anything totally lost, just delayed.

Back