Anyone use CodeGreen DLP?

Oldie

Mean Old Administrator
Staff member
http://www.codegreennetworks.com/

I'm curious if anyone is using this solution and what you think of it. It basically creates a hash of information you tell it you want to protect and prevents it from leaving areas you designate when it sees it on the network. From what I can see it's by no means a 100% guarantee nothing will get out but if it works as advertised it may be good.

I need a solution like this, does anyone have an opinion on it or an alternative?

I'm unfamiliar with how CodeGreen DLP works, but our hospital implement's Symantec's (formerly Vontu's) solution. Its good, but its effectiveness is really dependent on what you're looking to stop.

Isn't the Symantec solution pattern based? I want something that can flag the actual data not just something that looks like it.

Symantec can flag on specific data as well. You can provide a customized data set which it can then match on. As an example you can provide a list of names and their corresponding social security numbers and it will do a search for the data in any file it can read.

Are you looking to hit on specific data within a file or specific, known files? I may be misunderstanding what you're trying to do.

Back