Anyone use cakePHP?

maw

Supreme [H]ardness
i have a question. do you HAVE to have mod_rewrite enabled on the webserver? it seems like cakePHP assumes it is enabled and none of my test pages will work because of that. is there a way to configure it to not assume mod_rewrite is enabled?

the reason i'm asking is that i deploy on an IIS server that doesn't officially support mod_rewrite. i can definitely test on an Apache server, but none of that will help me since our only production servers run IIS.

i dont have an answer to that question, but i just wanted to point out that

some other php frameworks you might find more suitable to your needs include:

symphony
propel
ezpdo

what i discovered is i did not like what either of the three offered so i took what i liked from each of the three and just made my own =) much lighter footprint. have fun!

i dont have an answer to that question, but i just wanted to point out that

some other php frameworks you might find more suitable to your needs include:

symphony
propel
ezpdo

what i discovered is i did not like what either of the three offered so i took what i liked from each of the three and just made my own =) much lighter footprint. have fun!

thanks for the pointers. i'm pretty much testing the framework waters right now to find a good fit for me. symfony was also on my list, but i never heard of the other two, so i'll look at them as well.

Back