Anyone use 3d max?? If so POST YOUR WORK HERE

Cool. Normal maps would definately help the plane and give it a sense of depth. Montreal huh? Gonna work for Ubisoft, then? Just dont give in and go to EA, Montreal. :D

Shogo said:
and for the plane, i dont really now what more to add, i dont think i need too much more details on the airplane because, the way the storyboard is made , we wont see the plane from other angles then Side and back. With a good texture and normal map, some motion blur and noise movement on xyz axis on the camera, it will look good i hope hehe.

It looks good now, you get a good textures on there and the plane will look perfect. I've alwasy said that bump and normal maps aren't needed, you should be able to create what you want with out them. To me bump and normal maps are icing on the cake, they are best utilized for real time 3D like in video games. But if you doing a standard render, no bumps and good textures with good lighting should do just fine.

pistola said:
It looks good now, you get a good textures on there and the plane will look perfect. I've alwasy said that bump and normal maps aren't needed, you should be able to create what you want with out them. To me bump and normal maps are icing on the cake, they are best utilized for real time 3D like in video games. But if you doing a standard render, no bumps and good textures with good lighting should do just fine.

well, they do speed up the process quite a bit as well. :D

/<3 for zbrush

Can files be shared? I'm just beginning to learn 3D design and would love to be able to look at the wireframes of some of these pictures.

ZX6Master said:
Can files be shared? I'm just beginning to learn 3D design and would love to be able to look at the wireframes of some of these pictures.

yes they can...what program are you using?

I've only got 3D Studio Max 5 at the moment, but the laptops that I'm about to start using have 8, I think.

I did this about 5 years ago when I was just getting to max. oh I am very protective of my work and dont show much people either.

hour.txt

Back