Anyone upgrade from openindiana to synology 1512/1812 ?

kegler

Weaksauce
built an openindiana storage few months ago, but still not satisfied with the performance. Thinking of getting something better :D

Anyone suggestion?

heh? those are limited to 200MB/sec speeds? openindiana can easily out pace that.

Those things don't look to be designed for performance.

my current setup x9scm-f and intel 2100T with 2x2TB mirror and 2x1TB mirror

read and write avg about 60-70+ MB/s

why not replace OI with solaris express? I did and the speeds are blistering (to me anyway) - Writing and copying from my nas to a machine with a WD black will max my gigabit network out.

even a WD blue 2.5" reaches the full speed it can (based on a crystal disk benchmark)

why not replace OI with solaris express? I did and the speeds are blistering (to me anyway) - Writing and copying from my nas to a machine with a WD black will max my gigabit network out.

even a WD blue 2.5" reaches the full speed it can (based on a crystal disk benchmark)

r u using smb? or nfs?
i only saw solaris 11 now.... dont see express edition are they the same?

Anyone had the same problem as mine? Isit becos I only have 2 disk mirror? 4disk mirror might improve?

Hmm, doesn't sound the the issue I had, but :)

My motherboard had dual onboard 82573 intel nic's, on pcie bus. They should have been fine. But I could only get 60-70MB/sec out of them.

I mainly thought I was having a packetsize issue, and found those didn't support jumbo frames. So I installed a dual 82571 nic, and everything went good, at 110MB/sec, without jumbo frames.

Back