Anyone Unlock Phones?

rgMekanic

[H]ard|News
I'm in need of some unlocking. Got a phone from my boss, Galaxy S8 that had a battery pack that swole up and broke the back glass.

I repaired it, only to find out it's SIM locked to Sprint. Any [H] bros able to help? I know nothing about unlocking.

As long as it's paid off and no balance left on it if it was financed through Sprint, you should be able to call Sprint's tech support in order to get an unlock code for it.

Else there are 3rd party services (will have to Google some, as I've seen people use eBay and other sites for unlock codes) where you can pay like $20+ for an unlock code as well.

When I moved overseas and was on T-Mobile, I had to use T-Mobile's unlock app (which took several attempts over a week or two and was a PITA) to unlock my wife's Note 9, so not sure if Sprint has their own app for that too, which you'll still have to request from Sprint CS to send an unlock command to if that's the case.

like said above, call Sprint and see if they'll do it for free (which they should if it's paid off). Otherwise try ebay.

same problem, S8 is locked, not sure what to do. friends says it’s not possible to unlock at all (

same problem, S8 is locked, not sure what to do. friends says it’s not possible to unlock at all (

Same solution as above, call the carrier it was sold from to unlock it. The only reason they wouldn't be able to unlock it is if the phone isn't paid off from the carrier or it was reported lost/stolen and blacklisted.

Same solution as above, call the carrier it was sold from to unlock it. The only reason they wouldn't be able to unlock it is if the phone isn't paid off from the carrier or it was reported lost/stolen and blacklisted.

yep , i already feel it ( 2bad4me cause I bought it from friend of friend (

yep , i already feel it ( 2bad4me cause I bought it from friend of friend (

Then it's not locked, it's blacklisted, there's a difference. Not sure what you're asking then if you already knew it was blacklisted. There's no way around that. Did you call the carrier to confirm it's blacklisted? If so, I'd be hitting up that friend to meet up with his friend again to get my money back.

There is a new law that says that phones that are paid off and not reported stolen have to be unlocked by the carrier they are branded by. No reason why calling sprint wont work.

Back