Anyone turn hard drives around in their cases...

Cambo

n00b
so that the SATA cables attach on the front side. I'm thinking about doing this to reduce the cable clutter around the hard drive area/video card area. I have an 8800 ultra with two 36gb raptors in a 7 year old cooler master atc-101 case. The SATA cables stick out and it block air flow from the one 80mm intake fan in the lower front (it also has two 80mm exhaust fans, 1 on top and one near cpu). If any one has done this, could you please include pictures.

I've been getting temp issues where i'll have to open up the side of the case. Without resorting to buying a new case, i'd like to experimenting with this to improve the airflow.

Try it; it works in some cases, not in others. There may not be enough clearance in yours.

Time for a new case, unfortunately. The ATC-101 is /very/ nice and still sought-after by some, but 80mm fans are the devil, plain and simple. Good news is, you can likely sell it for enough that you might even make money in getting something more modern, assuming it's in good condition.

I still remember when 80mm fans were the messiah, and 60mm fans were the devil. :rolleyes:

My atc-101 is cherry. I've babied it since i left for college back in 2002. It's still one of the classiest looking cases IMO. Once i build an i7 machine, I'll get a new case. I'll flip the hard drives when i get home. Funny that when i had a ti 4600 in this thing back then, there were zero heat issues, but now the whole case feels like a heat sink because of that 8800 ultra.

Just got my CM RC-840 ATCS today, pulled the box in off the front steps on my way to work (posting from there now, slow day). Can't wait to get back home and check it out.

OoO, the 840 is quite possibly my new case. I love how they brought back the ATC line-up. I hear the side panels are thin and flimsy, not like the old ATCs, but what can you do. I'm just happy i have the option now.

I love all of the fan filters. 230mm fans would be a huge jump from my 80mm fans. I bet it doesn't sound like a jet engine when it's powered like mine does.

I only heard about them... I never bothered. I actually found 120mm hobby fans and made my own connectors for them (they just ended in 2 bare leads) and put them in my dual-cpu BP6 board. Ahh, the nostalgia. I used to run a CS server off that machine, and someone could play on the same system without lagging out the game... dual-cpus were awesome, back in the day. Now multi-cores are just commonplace.

Haha those are the days where adding 92 or 120mm fans are like whoa..

Remember those screaming 60mm Deltas?

I *have* one. It's a beast. It draws like 1amp. I couldn't imagine using it for anything but making your friends laugh at how insane it is.

Back