Anyone try this cooler yet?

I have the 7000CA but I wonder why they made this new one have one end smaller than the other. Sounds like a way to save money more than increase performance.

Looks nice... could the nv5 have competition? dun dun dun. Might try it out, Newegg or anywhere carrying it yet?

Just ordered it yesterday, i'm hoping it will fit to the 6600GT AGP which also ordered, both of them should be ariving this week...

minc3d said:
I have the 7000CA but I wonder why they made this new one have one end smaller than the other. Sounds like a way to save money more than increase performance.

This one is for video cards

johto said:
Just ordered it yesterday, i'm hoping it will fit to the 6600GT AGP which also ordered, both of them should be ariving this week...

Where did you order from?

Sorry it looks too similar to the CPU one that I completely overlooked that LOL.

Zalman's reputation is one of performance, not value. Im sure this is a trusted product, and I anxiously await a review of it from you.

Yep, I've got one cooling my 6800ultra, at 430/1200 in silent mode (which is practically inaudible even with the case off) it pulls 80-81 degrees after an hour of rthdribl.

You can do your own extrapolations on cooling potential from there.

I'm very happy with it.

minc3d said:

One end is bigger because it faces away from the motherboard and the space between the fins would allow air to get through better. That's my guess, anyway.

Looks promising. I wonder if they're going to make a blue LED version. Zalman is geared more to silence so I guess this would be a good solution.

minc3d said:

it could actually be using higher quality copper, or be taller instear of spread out...but ya its a gpu cooler not a cpu :p

FaRKle0079 said:
looks like it would be crazily heavy for the card.

It isn't very heavy at all, certainly not noticably heavier than an nv5.

I remember reading a review on the AlCu, the aluminum-copper hybrid version of it, and was less than impressed.

http://www.rojakpot.com/default.aspx?location=3&var1=165&var2=0
Woot! Rojak's.
The Zalman VF700-AlCu is better in every way, except for its performance. The installation procedure is MUCH easier than the ZM80D-HP, and the cooler is much lighter too. Unfortunately, because of the smaller surface area, its cooling performance suffered
If you want ease of installation, and its relative silence and performance which is still much better than many stock coolers, you can consider the Zalman VF700-AlCu. But if you want absolutely the best performance, then I will probably go for ZM80D-HP.

I just read that review. Wonder if the all copper version fares any better. They weren't of course saying that it performed badly, just not as well as the HP80D which is a monster.

Back