Anyone try Pure?

played the demo for 360....was awesome.

i'm going to be picking it up for pc though.

Think I may pick it up today.. not sure for 360 or ps3 though, I prefer consoles for these type games for some reason.

I have it for PC, haven't played it too much yet. It was ok, sure felt like a Disney game tho haha.
I like Flatout and Motorstorm more.

I got it for PC, finally just went out today and bought a 360 controller for windows...should make Fable, GRID, Kane and Lynch, and Pure more enjoyable to play.

I bought it on release with Warhead, needless to say, Pure is getting all my attention, this is a freakin' incredible game-can't stop playing it.

If you were even remotely an SSX fan, then you'll be glad to know you have it.....with an ATV.

It was the best racing game of E3-no wonder why.

http://www.gamecriticsawards.com/winners.html

Really damn fun and looks amazing. I'm playing it at 1920x1200 highest with 2xAA & 16xAF and it never drops below 60 FPS. Here are some screens I took while playing. The only gripe is that loading is fuckin' terrible for a PC game.

wasn't really impressed with the demo on the ps3 personally. Seemed pretty generic.

Well it´s a console game ported... Interface can´t even use a mouse. However it runs brilliantly on the PC and I much preferr the Xbox 360 gamepad over the awful ps 3 controller. So I will get the PC version if any if only because it costs half as much and have better visuals.

Just played it with keyboard yet though which is the wrong way to play this. I am not sure I like racing ATV like this though and there is to little racing to much trickery. If I want to do tricks I run Skate or some snowboard title or rather some dedicated big jump competition

Been playing it recently, I loved how you could build your ATV from the ground up. However after running through a couple tracks I get the feeling like the vehicle isn't connected or interacting with the track im racing on... like its on ice or something. Maybe its just me but I don't think I can stick with it much longer. Visuals are great but there is this disconnected feeling I cant get over.

PC version w/ 360 gamepad.

Wow I didn't know you flew so high in this game... looks like fun! I saw it and was a little curious, but I might actually get it now... although I've barely played GRID and that seems like a pretty decent game... and there's still Crysis and Warhead... and STALKER... I have too many games to play :rolleyes:

The loading in this game is killing it for me, makes me want to throw it out the window.

Wow I didn't know you flew so high in this game... looks like fun! I saw it and was a little curious, but I might actually get it now... although I've barely played GRID and that seems like a pretty decent game... and there's still Crysis and Warhead... and STALKER... I have too many games to play :rolleyes:

same here bro;)

Yep the loading in the game is really fuckin' annoying. I timed my load times and it takes roughly 2 minutes just to get to the the menu. Then its another 30 secs or so for each race.

Yep the loading in the game is really fuckin' annoying. I timed my load times and it takes roughly 2 minutes just to get to the the menu. Then its another 30 secs or so for each race.
While the game is fun.. that alone pisses me off and makes me not want to play it. Maybe a patch will correct the issue sooner or later as this game is pretty cool.

The loading times really do suck. It takes about 1 1/2 minutes to get through the intro and menu.

Graphics are kickass. HDR lighting is spectacular. Runs perfect on 16xAA/16xAF @ 1920 x 1200.

There are so many buttons to use I don't have enough on my gamepad. Sometimes you hold preload while boosting then switch to a trick, it takes a little while to get used to.

Overall I give it a 7.5 out of 10.

I installed the Game 2 days ago, and I have to admit, that it works freakin awesome on the PC, I had no Problems configuring my Logitech 3D Extreme Controller(s) and was pulling stunts in Minutes. Graphics are Fast, Clear and top notch, though I have to agree with a previous Post that it loads slowly on Windows XP Pro 32 Bit, but no such Problems on my Vista Ultimate 64 Bit system.
Running at 1680 x 1050 on the XP Box, and at 1920 x 1200 on the Vista 64Bit box, both look incredible and both are fun and well worth the money.

Just downloaded the demo..How the hell do you set the resolution??Its running at 640x480 and I see no rez options..

ok is this game totally messed or what, on the PC demo it just goes right into races and stuff no menu? and load times are terrible

Just downloaded the demo..How the hell do you set the resolution??Its running at 640x480 and I see no rez options..

yeah me too.. i had the .rar and winrar was yelling at me that some file was corrupted but the game installed fine im redownloading the zip file

ok is this game totally messed or what, on the PC demo it just goes right into races and stuff no menu? and load times are terrible

yeah me too.. i had the .rar and winrar was yelling at me that some file was corrupted but the game installed fine im redownloading the zip file

Who has the .zip file??I was going to try redownloading also from FS but they have the .rar. also.I got the corrupted message also FWIW.

this seems like it could be really cool even though its minorly console nerfed from the look of it...i'll probably pick it up when its cheaper (same as Grid...). as an individual who loves riding his sport quad, i must admit - looking at the videos make it so totally ridiculous ...granted ive seen some people do some crazy stuff on quads...this is a bit ridiculous haha...probably makes it for fun playing though.

are the parts you can select all real and branded or generic? ie - can you buy bumpers and nerfs from DG or Blingstar or AC etc...or is it just fake companies? are the quads themselves branded and made to look like a yamaha, honda, suzuki, kawi, cannondale...etc? just curious - itd be kind of neat if they were :D

The game, aside from the bad load times, its near the top of my list right now...just super fun to play and looks stunning.

I would have to say I'm not having any Probs with the Game, It's Fast and the Graphics are top Notch.
Whether or not the Demo lives up to the Real Game is up to you to decide, but I for one have had no Problems either with Installation, or Playing with it.

Won't run for me on vista 64.. launch it..screen goes black and then nothing

Won't run for me on vista 64.. launch it..screen goes black and then nothing

Ran great in Vista 64 for me. Deleated it once I found out there was no free roam option. Stick to the track racing is boring in a off road game...

Back to ATV OffRoad Fury Baby!

I´m on Vista 64 and can´t change resolution even after i´ve finished the tutorial!?!

Once again, Vista 64 here and res changed fine in the Options menu.

I picked it up last night after playing the demo on the 360. It runs flawlessly, looks amazing, and is pretty fun. I'm not sure it's going to be very replayable though. I'm impressed with how well it runs though....it's nice to see a game that looks great and actually runs properly. Hats off to the software guys who coded this game.

turn off vsync and it should help load times. just force it off in the NV or ati control panel, it helped for me.

Vista 64 here.. No options for resolution in the demo once I've completed the tutorial. I believe however, I read it was something to do with video drivers... Im using beta 8.10, so perhaps 8.9 cat works? I do hundreds of miles every year on my quad, and a good ATV racing game is right up my alley.

I got the demo for 360 and I hate it. My younger brother likes it but I find it to fake and childish. It reminds me of ATV Quad Power Racing for ps2 but with better graphics and detail.

Back