anyone try a LCD monitor with VGA output at high resolution

ymee

Weaksauce
Has anyone here tried running a LCD monitor at >1600x1200 resolution via VGA output instead of DVI? How does it look, I have a feeling it will be softer when compared to being driven by DVI.

ymee said:
Has anyone here tried running a LCD monitor at >1600x1200 resolution via VGA output instead of DVI? How does it look, I have a feeling it will be softer when compared to being driven by DVI.

Depends on the monitor, on my 2001FP and my Viewsonic VP201B they both had excellent signal quality, less sharp than VGA? No, but colors were not exactly up to par when it came to a digital signal. So YMMV with this one, but in my experience that is what I have noticed

thanks schpanky,
I just bought a 2405fpw and a 2005fpw (upgrading from 2 crt's) and my Radeon 9800pro only has one dvi and one vga output. Wanted to know if the VGA can output at 1600x1200 and not look crummy, hate having to buy a new video card just to have 2 DVI outputs.

While this may not be too graphically overwhelming, I have a 9800 pro that I play Guild Wars in 1600x1200 with everything but AA on. It runs fine and looks good on my Samsung 213t. Though this game is not Unreal or something a little more intensive... but I dont know what kind of games you like.
c-dude

Back