Anyone tried the ilo Walmart LCD TV's as a monitor?

Roberty

Extremely [H]
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4529476

Last night I was at Wally World and strolled through the TV section and stumbled upon the 26" ilo HD LCD TV. I spun it around and noticed that it had a DVI input on it. 1280x768 resolution ,1080i and HDMI as well as component imputs. I tried a 32" LCD recently before buying my 22" Westy but it was just too big sitting that close to it. I figured a 26" TV would be more like it up close. Anyone tried this as a PC monitor yet? At $654 it looks sweet. A friend of mine works there so I could get it through him with the employee discount as well.

Roberty said:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4529476

Last night I was at Wally World and strolled through the TV section and stumbled upon the 26" ilo HD LCD TV. I spun it around and noticed that it had a DVI input on it. 1280x768 resolution ,1080i and HDMI as well as component imputs. I tried a 32" LCD recently before buying my 22" Westy but it was just too big sitting that close to it. I figured a 26" TV would be more like it up close. Anyone tried this as a PC monitor yet? At $654 it looks sweet. A friend of mine works there so I could get it through him with the employee discount as well.

For that kind of resolution, i wouldn't consider it a as pc monitor.

I would and I do on a 32 inch and its Fantastic!

Now I don't have to hunch over 1 foot from my monitor. I can sit back like 2-1/2 feet comfortably and have a magnificent picture. I had a 19 inch with 1280 * 1024 and this looks better. AHH the comfort.

spade357 said:

Agreed. I have a 20" LCD at 1600x1200 and I still long for more real estate. Running my old laptop 15.4" wide at 1280x800 ( am pretty sure that was the native res) was torture, I never had enough space on the screen for what I wanted to display.

spade357 said:

I'm looking to hear from someone who actually ownes a 26" LCD TV and is using it as a monitor. The 32" one that I tried actually didn't look bad as long as it was hooked up through the DVI and not the VGA. It was just too big with me sitting that close. The high resolutions that the larger LCD monitors are capable of produce way too small of text to my eyes unless you blow everything up. My 22" Westy has way too small of text running at the native resolution anyway.

Back