Anyone taken exam 70-270?

kwmarc

Limp Gawd
Im interested in starting my path to get my MCSE. I figured i will just start out easy and take the Windows XP exam (70-270). This will give my MCP, as well as 1 credit toward my MCSA. That combined with my A+ and Net+ certs that gives me an elective credit and then i am 2 exams away from my MCSA. Anyways, if anyone has taken exam 70-270 please fill me in on its diffculty. I cannot imagine it to be anything out of the ordinary but who knows. thanks.

Good luck man. I started on 70-270 first. I wouldn't call it very difficult, but it's VERY tricky. I just studied off some cram-exam book I bought from Amazon (combined with lots of XP experience). I definately do not reccomend studying from any cram-exam book... wish I remembered the publisher. Some questions are indeed out of the ordinary if I remember correctly.

The 70-290 book from Sybex book is good when you get there, but the 70-291 Sybex book is utter shit. Don't get it. The, 70-291, and it's hella tricky. Hella hella tricky. :(

MS books are also ace.

270 isnt that bad, scored highest of all my MS tests on that one. I used a study book and some cram sheets. I don't hold much weight on certs anymore cause of the cheet sheet usage. I fell they don't accurately measure what you know, they're mainly an HR tool used for screening.

Just practice on an XP box (click and open everything and try it) and get a book about XP. Can also try some of the sheets for practice.

http://mcsebraindumps.com

skyn_floote said:
270 isnt that bad, scored highest of all my MS tests on that one. I used a study book and some cram sheets. I don't hold much weight on certs anymore cause of the cheet sheet usage. I fell they don't accurately measure what you know, they're mainly an HR tool used for screening.

Just practice on an XP box (click and open everything and try it) and get a book about XP. Can also try some of the sheets for practice.

http://mcsebraindumps.com

how could u say the reason u dont hold much weight on certs anymore because people cheat, but u post a link to a braindump? those sites are cheating and undermine people who actually study hard to pass these exams.

anyways i used the sybex book for the 70-270. it was ok i guess, not the best book in the world. like everyone said, the exam is kinda tricky. make sure u read and reread b4 answering the question tho, because i think they set the test up so people who's not paying attention will fail. i passed wit a 737, good i guess since i studied kinda half-assed for it, but MS gotta deal going on thru august i believe with Vue that if u fail any mcse 2003 exam, u can take it over again for free. thats the only reason i took it cause i know i wasnt really ready for it.

I just took my MCP exam for Windows 2000 Pro including my A+ & Net +.

Now to get started on 215 & 218 to get my MCSA - Then I am in no way jumping on 216 :mad:

I might just deal with CCNA from here

Back