Anyone switch from 7950s or 7970s to 670 or 680s?

I did.

Had a 7950 that overclocked like shit so instead of buying a second one just paid the extra cash and bought 2 680s.

As to why i didnt get a set of 7970s or 7950s i am not happy with the choices for those cards. The brands i prefer on the AMD side either had shitty cooling or where more expensive than the rest, some had locked voltage some didnt, it was all just a pain in the ass. The thing that makes the 7950 great is its overclocking potential and i got a dud so was just annoyed.

If i cant rely on overclocking since manufacturers are either locking the voltage or using shitty cooling i chose to go with a setup i knew had enough power.

I switched from CF 7970 to SLI 680 because of all the driver issues. Lockups, stuttering and poor game support. The 7970s just didn't provide a good experience compared to the 680s that replaced them.

Now if only Nvidia would make it so profiles save desktop configs so i could switch between surround and my normal desktop mode for my 3 monitors. But of course the one thing AMD nails Nvidia fails.

I've had all of them, no real problems with single AMD cards but when I had 3 monitors paying a minimum of $30 extra for each of the 2nd and 3rd screens was a bummer for miniDP adapters.

I have 660 SLI now and very happy with it for the ~$300 I shelled out for them used.

Now if only Nvidia would make it so profiles save desktop configs so i could switch between surround and my normal desktop mode for my 3 monitors. But of course the one thing AMD nails Nvidia fails.

+1 still praying for this.

Back