Anyone still rockin' a GNex?

NoxTek

The Geek Redneck
Just have to pop in and say how much I'm still enjoying my Galaxy Nexus (GSM)...

Combined with the CM10.1 nightlies and the latest Leankernel I have to say I've never been more pleased with an Android device - phone or otherwise. So unbelievably freakin' slick even though by some standards it's 'dated' now.

It's one of the best phones out there. With the latest android rooted and especially oc'ed.

just switched to the Note2, but Im keeping my GNex to put Ubuntu on.

just switched to the Note2, but Im keeping my GNex to put Ubuntu on.

Same here. The Note 2 is such an upgrade in every aspect, but the battery life on it is the biggest improvement coming from the Gnex. I just watched some of the Ubuntu vids for the Gnex and am tempted to do the same with it, but I just got a buyer for it, so I think I'll sell it anyways.

I would still be using mine as my primary phone if work didn't give me a cell for all needed uses both personal and business.

I do however still use my gnex as a dash cam. the latest update (still using the stock unrooted direct from google rom) is sweet. I can goto the camera directly from the lock screen without unlocking the phone.

Would still be using the GNex if the camera were better. It did everything very well, but the camera was worse than my Galaxy S2. Ended up moving to a One X and then to a Galaxy S3 which is my current phone since I could never get an order for a N4 through Google, so I gave up and have not found anything that the S3 cannot do. Really is nearly a perfect phone for my use for now.

I still have mine, ill wait another year for my free upgrade since this phone is pretty much perfect. Only complaint is battery life but since I have USB inputs in my car, i pretty much have chargers everywhere i go. And if I dont I just use 4G it doubles the battery life. Using CM10.1 as well.

Still roll with mine, only reason ill upgrade is when T-Mo deploys LTE in my area.

Great phone, wouldn't give it up

Still have my GNex. Will keep it around awhile too. I don't like the size of the Note 2 and SGS3 isn't enough of an upgrade for me. Had a buddy actually manage to get a Nexus 4 to replace his GNex. It wasn't an earth shattering upgrade like GNex over a Nexus S for him. While he's happy with the N4 he wouldn't be sad if he had saved the money and kept the GNex.

So I'll probably rock my GNex till my contract is up and look at my options then.

Still using mine but it's def not as smooth as the nexus 4. cm10.1 on mine too.

Still rocking my LTE Gnex.

Although, I might jump over to a new phone in the next month or two.

Interesting to see battery life complaints, with CM 10.1, LeanKernel, and LeanTweaks I get 'ok' battery life. I can get 2 days sometimes depending on how much gaming and web browsing I do. And that's overclocked to 1350mhz.

Then again this is the GSM version, I know the CDMA (toro/toroplus) are a bit more greedy when it comes to the battery.

I'm still using my GSM model. It's fine, but the build quality/choice of materials certainly hasn't grown on me over time. I doubt my next phone will be from samsung.

I'm still using my GSM model. It's fine, but the build quality/choice of materials certainly hasn't grown on me over time. I doubt my next phone will be from samsung.

Buy a case. You really should have one anyway. Its makes a huge difference in both protecting from falls and protecting the screen as well. You don't need an otter box.
I have this one and its very nice feels good, and works with both the gsm And vzw extended batteries.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0065PGWQ0/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1358191505&sr=8-1&pi=SL75

I was running g 4.2 for a while but recently switched back to cm10.0 and that has been so much smoother and more enjoyable. There's literally no lag. You can install the new keyboard, clock and camera on it anyway.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Buy a case. You really should have one anyway. Its makes a huge difference in both protecting from falls and protecting the screen as well. You don't need an otter box.
I have this one and its very nice feels good, and works with both the gsm And vzw extended batteries.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0065PGWQ0/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1358191505&sr=8-1&pi=SL75

Yeah I have a slip case (I had both prior nexus phones, so got attached to the idea of slip cases), and I bought my wife a substantial seidio case. The phone just feels very cheap, though it feels less so in her case. It's huge now though.

Yeah I have a slip case (I had both prior nexus phones, so got attached to the idea of slip cases), and I bought my wife a substantial seidio case. The phone just feels very cheap, though it feels less so in her case. It's huge now though.

The case I have doesn't make it feel thick. It feels really good and protects the phone well. Its soft touch. I have the vzw with the extended battery so its heavier than the gsm version with the regular battery. I recommend getting the extended battery doesn't make the phone ticket or ugly. Samaung did a great job designing it.

The case I have doesn't make it feel thick. It feels really good and protects the phone well. Its soft touch. I have the vzw with the extended battery so its heavier than the gsm version with the regular battery. I recommend getting the extended battery doesn't make the phone ticket or ugly. Samaung did a great job designing it.

I got her the Seidio Active case, in "amethyst" (or purple, as I like to call it). It's a brilliant case, but it about triples the thickness. Not that I'm really someone that worries about something around so small being even smaller, but I still think it's something worth noting. The phone itself, particularly while naked is fragile. Not sure there is any way around that, particularly now that the LG Nexus 4 comes with glass on the front/back : /

Cases that are that thick don't help anymore than a thinner one. Its all about shock resistance that makes the difference. If the material has a slight squishy soft key to it, it help a ton.

I would still be using mine as my primary phone if work didn't give me a cell for all needed uses both personal and business.

I do however still use my gnex as a dash cam. the latest update (still using the stock unrooted direct from google rom) is sweet. I can goto the camera directly from the lock screen without unlocking the phone.

Please let me know what software you are using to make it a dash cam... I'm having a hard time finding a decent solution...

Thanks!

Back