• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Anyone seen this when Prime95ing before?

Compddd

[H]ard|Gawd
2FA
Joined
Aug 6, 2003
Messages
1,569
I've been running prime95 fine tuning my 4GHz Core i7 OC

When you do blend, the first 1024k self test, there are supposed to be 8 tests of 4000 Lucas-Lehmer iterations using FFT length 1024k

Most of my cores do 8 tests and then say Self-test 1024k passed!

but core 1 is only doing 6 or 7 tests and then giving the Self-test 1024k passed! message

When I halt the program, it says 0 errors, 0 warnings for core 1

So what is going on, I've never seen this before when priming and fine tuning an OC, is it bad? good?
 
I've seen it happen before especially when your surfing the web or doing other things on your pc while running prime.
 
ive had it happen to me periodicly.. especially on my phenom II 940.. ive had it where 1 core only did 6 and another core did 10 while the other 2 did the normal 8.. it might just be caused by 1 of the cores being slower then the others or its a flaw in the programming.. but if it passes then i dont think its really something to worry about..
 
You guys were right. I did a prime with nothing going on and no tests were skipped.

Thanks!
 
Back
Top