anyone seen a board with these specs

crap

Limp Gawd
940 pin
agp8x
least 4 dimm slots
pci-x or pci express
lockable pci and agp speeds.

last but not least a non locked bios i want something that i can play with cpu speeds ram timings etc.

ive looked around but cant find a board with these specs am i smoking crack here or does someone know of a board out there with these specs.

Why do you want PCI-X?

If a single 33MHz PCI card is installed in a PCI-X bus, the entire bus is forced to operate at the reduced speed.
Additionally I'm not sure if PCI-X and AGP can coexist happily, and AGP8X has nearly double the bandwidth of the maximum PCI-X speed (PCI-X @ 64 bit/133 MHz ~ 1.07 GB/sec versus ~ 2.1GB/sec with AGP 8x), which is only possible with a single installed card.

PCI Express is totally different from PCI-X (it's serial for one thing) and is not yet availible on most any consumer level motherboard, and should make AGP essentially obsolete when it is.

The only locked PCI/AGP chipset I'm aware of for the Athlon64, the SIS 755, has not yet been implemented in a FX/Opteron (socket 940) board.

PCI and AGP locks are of rather limited usefullness with the overclocking headroom seen in the early batches of the A64/FX/Opteron.
The FX and Opteron do appear to have "unlocked" multipliers however.

couldnt remember which was the newer one pci-x or express. i do however need the agp locks i have a rather finikey scsi card and even 10mhz on the buss cause it to not work properly. i could prolly live without pci express but im trying to futureproof my self. if im gona be dropping 2 grand plus for a system i want it to last more then 2 years

Back